Television - Apps & Widgets

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 14 (1,311 Views)
Accepted Solution

Pandora constantly crashes

On my 65x750d, Pandora audio periodically stops playing, pandora crashes and The hdmi/ARC input is selected for viewing TV. I’m constantly having to reset the TV. Has anyone observed this problem and does anybody have a solution?

thanks in advance. 

Rookie
Message 2 of 14 (1,246 Views)

Re: Pandora constantly crashes

I'm having Pandora issues as well on a 900E series.  I get about 2 songs that play fully but it will not continue to 3rd song, just freezes and I have to force stop the app.  I Reset entire TV, reloaded app, nothing works.  Have you had any luick solving your issue?

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 14 (1,231 Views)

Hi. I have reset the tv countless times. I don’t think I have reloaded the app. I’ll try that. I have not tried a data reset yet. I have a wireless connection to the tv.  I’m streaming about 30 MB’s so I don’t think streaming rate is an issue. I have not call Sony support yet, but I’m getting frustrated enough to give them a try. 

Message 4 of 14 (1,144 Views)

Hi Aditkoff and Drewwho,

Thank you for visiting the SONY Community!

We are sorry for any inconvenience this issue had caused. We recommend to manually set the IP address. This can also fix the issue you're having with the Pandora app. Setting up the IP address and proxy server settings on a device depend on the design or the settings of the router. If the router has not automatically been assigned an IP address to the device, you may be able to set the IP address manually.

To manually set the IP address of your device, follow these steps:

1. Obtain the following IP information from your computer.
    • IP address or IPv4 address
    • Subnet Mask
    • Default Gateway

Note: If you are already connected to the internet, the IP information can also be obtained from the network connection status of the device.

2. On you remote control, press the HOME or MENU button.

Note: The network settings of your device varies on the model being used. For model specific details, check the manual. $Manual

3. Select Setup or Settings.
  4. Select Network.
  5. Select Network Setup.
  6. Depending on how the device is connected to your network, select either Wired or Wireless.
  7. Select Manual or Custom.
    • If these options are not available, an IP address cannot be manually set on your model.
    • For secured wireless setup, enter a Network security key to display the IP address and Proxy server setting screen.
  8. Enter the IP information for the device obtained in Step 1.
    • IP address: The IP address should be the same, except for the last number in the four-number sequence. Change the last number to a number higher than the original, but less than 254. For example, if the IP address shown on your computer is 192.168.0.5, enter 192.168.0.105
    • Subnet Mask: Enter the Subnet mask exactly as attained from the computer.
    • Default Gateway: Enter the Default Gateway exactly as attained from the computer.
      • Use 8.8.8.8 for the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 for the Secondary DNS.
      • Devices don't use a proxy server. Select NO if prompted to use a proxy server.
  9. Select Save and Connect to establish a network connection.

Additional troubleshooting steps can be accessed from this link:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/75544

Best regards,

-Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 14 (1,127 Views)

Erin, Thank you.  I never would have thought that a static IP was a possible solution.  I have configured my 65X750D TV with a static IP.  It is hanging off a Linksys Powerline 200 wired connection.  I want to give the static configuration a few days before stating success.

Happy Holidays.  

Best.

Andy

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 14 (1,093 Views)

Hi Erin,

Sadly to say Pandora has crashed with the static IP. I switched the TV back tot the  DHCP setting for the IP setting. Any other ideas?

Andy

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 14 (735 Views)

Dear Sony,

I’m very sad to say my disappointment is over the top. Dont you people test these releases before you make them available to your user. Multiple apps crashing and the remote control lag (sometimes up to 12 seconds) time is pitiful. Your lack of communication is also pitiful. Currently I would NOT recommend any of your TVs. 

Sincerely,

a very very disappointed consumer. 

Rookie
Message 8 of 14 (707 Views)

Well, I returned my XBR75X900E for another one.  I was within 30 day window at Bestbuy. 

I recieved the new TV and went straight to Pandora and it played flawlessly.  Apps seemed to run fine as well.  Later that day I performed the system update.  After the update Pandora immediately crashed several times but somehow without me doing anything startted to work within the hour and has been working fine for about a week now. 

However apps are a little more flaky.  Old TV only Pandora would not work right and everything else worked fine.  This TV Pandora works fine but other apps sometimes crash and then restart fine.  Remote delay after inactivity is worse on new unit.  I wish I had played with other apps and remote more before taking the update to see if this too was caused by update.  I wish I could revert back to the Android version that shipped with TV, latest seems flaky.  I may return this TV and go with another brand, I really wanted Android TV built in to avoid an external box but Sony and Android TV arent ready for each other yet.  I do love the picture, my corners are a little dim which I thought local dimming this wouldnt be as bad, seems worse on newer TV, was there on original though.

Expert
Message 9 of 14 (703 Views)

Be sure you have also updated your apps after the system update.  (Go to Google Play Store > My Apps).   I don't see any similar problems on a 55x900E.

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 14 (701 Views)

Hi. Thank  you for your words.  I checked, I’m at the latest version. 3.5. I’m more inclined to think it’s the OS. some of the background apps have also been crashing and the tv requires a hard reset to get it back to be useable. 

Heppy holidays. 

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook