Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Television - Apps & Widgets

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 7 (94,621 Views)

Please help, Netflix and other apps won't work. My TV is Sony Bravia KDL-32W605A

please help me, when I press the Netflix button it says Feature not avalaible. When I try to access through the home menu and I pick Netflix it says "Connecting to internet video service", then "Authenticating" and finally "Acquiring internet content". After that, when it finishes "Acquiring internet content" it says: "Internet content is ready. Press HOME to display the menu"

After I do that, everything starts all over again and the problem is not solved. I checked my internet connection but it says it is found and working, I also know this cause I can access to the facebook app. I tried changing the DNS server as it said in one post and it didn't work also. Please help cause I'm dying without netflix in here. Thanks!

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 7 (94,563 Views)

Why is no one answering my post and helping me?!

I posted this a couple days ago and no one answered. http://community.sony.com/t5/Television-Apps-Widgets/Please-help-Netflix-and-other-apps-won-t-work-M... Please help me! Customer service in my country ****** and I need a solution

Message 3 of 7 (94,510 Views)

Re: Please help, Netflix and other apps won't work. My TV is Sony Bravia KDL-32W605A

[ Edited ]

Hello javif25, thank you for letting us know your concerns. We noticed you are experiencing some issues with the Nextlix application on your Sony television model number KDL-32w605A. We would like to know more details like: Is there an error message displayed? Do you a wireless or wired connection? what is your internet speed? If you do have a wireless connection, how far is your router from your television? Does your television have the latest firmware version?

We would like you to perform some troubleshooting steps, please follow the instructions below:

1. To verify the firmware version on your television, please perform the next steps:

A. Press HOME button on your remote control
B. Go to Settings
C. Under Settings go to Product Support
D. Finally go to Contact Sony and make sure to select it

2. To compare if your television has the latest firmware version, please check the link below:

http://esupport.sony.com/

NOTE: On the above link make sure to enter the model number of your Sony television and then select Driver/Software

3. How to perform a factory reset on the TV.

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43126/p/61659,62766,74851/c/65,66/kw/factory%20res...

4. In case you have a wired connection, please follow the steps below:

A. Connect an Ethernet cable from the router to the Local Area Network (LAN) jack on the back of the product.
B. Use the Network Setup feature from the menu of the video device to set up a wired connection.
C. Using the supplied remote, press the HOME or Menu button.
D. Select Settings.
E. Select Network.
F. Select Network Setup.
G. Follow the on-screen steps to set up a wired connection.

5. If you have a wireless connection:

Any wireless product can experience slow connection speeds. It is normally due to the distance away from the router or other electronic devices in the home interfering with the wireless signal. To improve the wireless connection, try moving the router access point closer to the Sony product that is streaming the video.

Sony recommends using a wireless (N) router for streaming Internet video. Using a wireless (B) router will not work very well, if at all, for streaming video and would be the cause of the video stopping, pausing or playing poorly. A wireless (G) router is not as fast as (N), but should be able to reliably stream video. However, HD video will stream better with (N).

The Internet connection speed can vary for many reasons. Below are the most common causes.

• Network Sharing
  • Wireless Connection Strength
  • Router Type
  • Connection to Your ISP

5.1 In case your Sony television is connected wireless, please follow all the steps based on the link below:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43946/p/61659%2C62766%2C74851/c/65%2C66/kw/wireles...

NOTE: A connection speed of 2.5 Mbps or higher is recommended for streaming standard definition (SD) Internet video, and a connection speed of 10 Mbps or higher is recommended for streaming high definition (HD) Internet video.

If the issue with the internet connection still unresolved, Your ISP may be experiencing heavy Internet traffic. In this case, performance might be improved by manually changing the Primary DNS Server option to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.8.4 in the Network Settings menu.

We kindly recommend you visiting:

1. https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35254/p/61659,62766,74851/c/65,66/kw/IP%20MANUALLY

2. https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43958/kw/IP%20MANUALLY/p/61659,62766,74851/c/65,66...

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

*Oscar

Rookie
Message 4 of 7 (69,602 Views)

Re: Please help, Netflix and other apps won't work. My TV is Sony Bravia KDL-32W605A

Hi 

I to have issues connecting to Netflix with my new sony Bravia kdl 60w600b

It wont connect to Netflix and comes up with error code nw-4-7. Other apps seem to work 

Its seems to be a issue with a lot of these Sony tvs, as comments on many forums state others having issues

can you help me 

Message 5 of 7 (67,693 Views)

Hi Jeep

I already replied to your other post. You may check my post here: http://community.sony.com/t5/Television-Apps-Widgets/Netflix-on-kdl-60w600/m-p/551013#M3241

Regards,

Vincent 

RGS Rookie
Rookie
Message 6 of 7 (32,335 Views)

The same thing happen to me, here is what you have to do. The tv is a small computer and locks up from time to time. You have to reboot it by (this is in the paper manual page 28 if I don't explain it right) resetting to factory setting. YOU WILL LOOSE ALL TV CHANNELS FROM YOUR ANTENNA. and have to reset all of them. "Turn on the tv,,,, wile holding down the up arrow button on the remote control press the Power button on the back of the tv. (The tv wil turn itself off, then back on again) Release the up arrow on R.C. Note; all settings will be lost, parental lock included. I had to reprogram all my channels from LA and South to TJ (I get about 80) with a large antenna. Hope this works out for you.......RGS.

Rookie
Message 7 of 7 (481 Views)

I found easy fix for my Bravia sony tv when Netflix suddendly disappeared?  Go to home on smart tv/ go to google play store and scroll to my apps on left menue. click Netflix and uninstall updates.  Done! Works fine now.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook