Welcome to the Community!

Television - Apps & Widgets

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 6 (1,671 Views)

Samba popup

Though I've updated the attendant software, every time I turn on my TV or switch sources, the "samba interactive tv is available" popup emerges. Have tried both "set up now" and "later", shut down the app and cleared the cache, restarted the TV, etc. Anyone else have this issue? Suggestions? Have already tried my meager Google-fu. The TV is a new 55x900e. Thanks in advance.

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 6 (1,638 Views)

Re: Samba popup

I got that popup after I updated my 55XD8005 to Android 7.0, too. Got rid of it by disabling the corresponding service in the App Menu. That seems to have done the trick for now, I hope Sony will fix it via update.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 6 (1,624 Views)

Thanks for the reply, Doe. Had tried that option already, to no avail. Had since received an email from support suggesting that I unplug for 60 seconds, plug back in to a socket (to no avail), then a factory reset (requiring me to re-input my settings). After the reset/re-input of my settings, turning off and on a couple of times and switching inputs, the latter (factory reset) seemed to fix it. 

Rookie
Message 4 of 6 (605 Views)

Have same issues with new xbr900E series please send exact steps to disable. I went to apps. Permissions. Etc. there are many that can be the cause. Please send the exact steps. This is ridiculous.
Apprentice
Message 5 of 6 (430 Views)

Did it fix it or did you return it? Samba is ruining my tv currently after updating, 2 weeks later it decides to make a popup notification that keeps popping up no matter what. Other people have other threads on here complaining about it too...
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 6 of 6 (416 Views)

Yes I did. Let me know what model you have. But if it’s an XBR 900-930 etc here’s how to do it.
1. Update the tv to the latest firmware. If u can’t get to that screen because the message is in the center of the screen then pull the plug on tv then try.
2. After u update go to settings, apps and find samba manager or services and click it. Force stop. And disable.
After u do that, go back to settings and do a factory reset. “Erase everything “
Tv will reboot. U will need to go through setup steps again but after that it won’t come back.
Yes, I know it’s absurd. But it works. And it’s sony reccomended as well.
I’m a Sony Dealer.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook