Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Television - Apps & Widgets

Groovin'
Adam_Schwartz
Accepted Solution

Sony BRAVIA "a network error has occurred" message appears every day now

Hi, I am at the end of my rope with our Sony Bravia KDL55NX720 and looking for some help. We bought this set in April 2012 and up until a week or so ago the built-in wifi worked perfectly and we could stream internet content without any problems. We stream Netflix and Pandora via the built-in wifi and for the last week or so I have to reset our Uverse gateway (router) every day for the connection to get re-established with the Sony. Everything works until the next day at which point I have to reset Uverse router again. So we get about 24 hours out of one router reboot.

I have tried everything I can think to do. For instance, I have...

• done a factory reset on the Sony set (only once though
  • unplugged the Sony for 60 seconds and then reset the wireless router before plugging the Sony back in
  • logged out of Netflix and re-activated it via the Sony set (although I get the same network error when trying to launch the built-in Pandora app, so it's not just a Netflix issue)
  • Manually downloaded software update (however I get the message that the software is up to date)

What's bizarre is we've had NO issues using the internet content via the Sony until about a week ago. Anytime I get the "a network error has occurred" message, our other wireless devices all work fine and the speed is excellent. So this issue is limited to just the Sony. When I try to reestablish connection through the Sony GUI, it detects our wireless network but fails to connect until I reboot the wireless router. The location of the Uverse router has not posed a problem for over a year, although I doubt that is the issue since the connection is fine once I reset the router.

The only thing I have not done is to try to try a full reset multiple times.  Maybe there is some specific order in which I should be doing things?? It seems like this is a Sony software related issue since we can stream content fine (for a day anyway) once i reboot the router. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Please use plain text.
AngelaP

Re: Sony BRAVIA "a network error has occurred" message appears every day now

The TV requires a minimum internet speed of 2.5 mbps when viewing standard definition videos and 10 mbps for high definition videos. To check if the tv is meeting the minimum speed requirement pls. click on the link below.

http://www.2wire.com/bandwidth/initialmeter.php

If the tv met the speed requirement then follow the link below. Change the Primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and Secondary DNS to 8.8.4.4 when you enter the values on the tv manually.

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35254/c/65%2C66/kw/How%20to%20manually%20set%20an%...

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
wtorres

[ Edited ]

We were able to use Netflix and Pandora perfectly for months until one day it stopped working so no reason. It just "thinks" forever until the error message "a network error has occurred"  displays. Then, randomly, it worked for several days. Now it no longer works!

Additionally, the Home button on the remote does not work, and I have to restart the tv in order to get back to Home. 

Please use plain text.
AngelaP

Hi wtorres!

Thanks for the message. Have you tried the troubleshooting steps above? If you haven't, please try those steps first. If the issue still persists after following the steps above, please refer to this article for more troubleshooting steps. 

Just to verify, in order for you to pull up the Home Menu screen you have to turn off and on the TV? Can you pull up the Home Menu screen using the Home button on the TV itself? What is the model number of your TV? You may refer to this link to locate the model number.  

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution."

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
boomboxer

I have the same problem, like other users for me it does it randomly. I was able to connect my self to internet through TV couple of days ago, but a couple of days before and at the moment I'm not able to do it.

I tried your steps but when I click on "wireless (pin)" it starts automatically "searching for wireless network" and search finishes with a message "WPS router not found".

This is weird since I haven't touched anything and it seems that the problem comes and goes.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
boomboxer

ok now it says in "network set-up - wireless network" following phrase "please enter the below PIN code to your wireless router. within 2 minutes, select start to continue" and below the txt there's a pin code

where exactly I'm suppose to enter this pin?
Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
boomboxer

ok I solved the problem by not clicking on the wireless PIN but the wireless push button. I have this pushbutton on my router so while the tv was searching for network I pushed the button on my router and now everything works again......still weird though...since it stopped working without me doing anything...but its all good now

Please use plain text.