Television - Apps & Widgets

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 1 (133 Views)

Sony XBR55x900e unstable

Bought this TV about two weeks ago. Set it up and installed the latest firware update.  Somehow, the TV keeps becoming unstable and creates judder and blurr.  I reboot it and it gets stable again until it becomes unstable again.  It appears to be that something in the Android 7 operating system, or perhaps some of the bloatware apps, are taking RAM and not releasing it causing the TV to operate with less available RAM.

One time it lasted two weeks and the next time just two days.  I wonder if it has something to do with Netflix apps and/or Amazon apps not releasing RAM after it's use.  

Needless to say, Sony Shelf, and Sony Select do cause Amazon to be unstable. I shut those apps down, and it stabelizes.  The problem is those apps keep coming back by themselves.

I spoke to a REP via Chat and he said that no reports of that nature have been reported to Sony.  Of course I didn't believe it completly, but then the flatest irmware is only two months old. 

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook