Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Television - Apps & Widgets

Groovin'
SmashBroski
Accepted Solution

TV Side View App

Hello Everyone:

Has anyone else tried the TV Sideview App and realized that you can't change the channels using the TV Program Guide in the app. It only changes the channels only on the TV.

Most everyone here now have their Digital Cable box set up using a HDMI and not through their TV anymore since all Cable has gone digital and you need a digital cable box.

I know that my digital cable box is provided through Telus TV and I have it connected through my home network, but yet I can view and not switch.

This needs to be fixed so the rest of us can enjoy the full benefits of this app.

Séan

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
agak

Re: TV Side View App

[ Edited ]

Sideview works great but to control a cable box with sideview, you would need to install it in a tablet that has ir capability to control the cable box and switch back and forth between TV and cable box. Android phones usually do not have ir.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
SmashBroski

Thainks for your reply. That's what I mean that you need to switch back and forth between remotes if you have an android tablet that has IR.

You should have the ability to change the channel on the Digital Cable box with the app
Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
agak

Good idea

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
superjetflyer

I bought a str 1040DN because I was told I could control it with the Remote Media app which is very good. Now I find out that it is not compatible and I must use TV Sideview which does virtually nothing. In order to switch Pandora stations I need to leave my backyard and walk the entire length of the house in order to see my TV screen. That is a significant downgrade to prior apps and I will be returing this unit tomorrow.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
SmashBroski

I FIGURED IT OUT!

If you program the cable box to the regular remote software that comes with the tablet it will register in the TV Sideview app.

When you click to change the TV in the upper left corner, the selection should be the Remote for the Cable Box. When you want to change the channel in the Program Gude on the App, this will send off a RF like a regular remote for the Cable Box.

If you want to change the volume on the television you would need to use Remote software that came with the tablet.

Hope this helps.

Sean

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
bjrnet21

I'm glad you figured it out.. But I still haven't :-)

I have an Ipad 2. What is the regular remote software that comes with the tablet that you refer?
Please use plain text.