Welcome to the Community!

Television - Apps & Widgets

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 4 (4,319 Views)

Where is Crave tv app

My new Sony XBR49X800D TV is a beautiful thing BUT...  Where is the Crave TV app?  It was a close call between the Sony and the Samsung but the Android operating system tilted it to Sony.  (Thinking I would have access to all those Android apps)  And now I find out there is no Crave TV app in the Google store?  What the ******?  I am very disappointed.   If I had of know this I would have went with the Samsung as it's smart hub has it.   Can you please let who ever is in charge of adding apps to the "Sony Google Store" that we need a Crave TV app asap.  And if you know of a way I can find and install this app without  "Sony Google" please let me know.  Thank you.

Message 2 of 4 (4,263 Views)

Re: Where is Crave tv app

Hi Badger6724

Welcome to Sony Community! 

Most of the existing apps from the Google Play™ store can be downloaded to the Android™ TV.

There are several hundred apps already available with a consistent flow of new apps being released for the Android TV platform. The Google Play store opens the door to many apps you may already be using on your mobile devices.

Your feedback is noted and this will be forwarded to the right department. 

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 3 of 4 (1,768 Views)

I have a Sony xbr 55X700D purchased in May 2017.

Searching in the google play store for Cravetv is bringing no result. When is Sony going to adapt cravetv for their android smart tv. Canada has over 1 million subscribers to cravetv where I'm guessing some of those people own Sony smart tvs.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2016/11/03/bell-says-cravetv-has-surpassed-1-million-subscribers/

If I had known when I was buying the tv that Sony didn't support apps like crave tv I would of went with a Samsung smart tv.

Please fix this problem.

Ben

Message 4 of 4 (1,669 Views)

Hi Ben1980,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

We're always looking to make Sony better. Your feedback is highly appreciated. However, you may post this at:

http://community.sony.com/t5/Join-the-Inspiration/idb-p/ideas

I hope it helps.

Regards,

^Ron

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook