Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1 of 3 (889 Views)
Accepted Solution

Youtube app vs. chrome cast?

Recently I have been unable to cast youtube videos from chrome running on an imac to my *900E TV.   What happened - this used to work perfectly?   Now, the TV will turn on if it wasn't already, then the youtube app starts with it's red splash screen - and hangs for a while instead of loading the video.  Eventually it times out and goes back to TV.   I can start the app directly on the TV and it works there, but that is much more difficult than casting/queuing from the web browser.   Is this happening to anyone else?

Message 2 of 3 (833 Views)

Re: Youtube app vs. chrome cast?

Hi Lesmikesell,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

We regret hearing what happened. We would like to know if we happen to make any changes in the TV settings prior to this issue. Does the app has the latest version installed? The link below will help you isolate the issue.

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/60997

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/75534

Best regards,

-Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Expert
Message 3 of 3 (829 Views)

Re: Youtube app vs. chrome cast?

Thanks for the reply.   After posting the earlier message I tried casting youtube from chrome on a windows laptop instead of the mac and it worked normally.   Today the mac (which I prefer to use) worked once, but instead of queuing a 2nd video as usual it stopped the first one and then would not reconnect.   Since it works normally from windows and the youtube app on an iphone I'll assume that something updated badly on the mac and the TV is OK.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook