Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 10 (963 Views)
Accepted Solution

Access hard disk over wi-fi network

I have connected my Hard Disk to my Wi-fi router. My Sony 70002E TV is connected to the same network. How can I access my hard disk??

Expert
Message 2 of 10 (898 Views)

Re: Access hard disk over wi-fi network

You need a upnp server.  Depending on the router, you may or may not have one.  Some might run plex which would let you run the plex client on the TV.   If you install kodi on the tv you may also be able to access file shares.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 10 (894 Views)

My TV (KD-43X7002E) is not an android TV. Hence installing Kodi or plex seems impossible. I am able to access my router's home page, but cant access my hard drive connected to it.
Expert
Message 4 of 10 (891 Views)

I'm only familiar with the US android models so I probably can't help much.  Do you have apps to play local content at all?

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 10 (889 Views)

Yes, several apps are available such as Amazon prime, Netflix, YouTube, etc
Expert
Message 6 of 10 (887 Views)

But none of those apps are going to do anything with your hard drive content.   Is there something that plays local (usb or network) content?  The android TV versions come with apps called 'video', 'album', and 'music' pre-installed for that although they are somewhat limited.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 10 (885 Views)

Video, music are available. USB/hard drive connected to TV's usb port is accessible from "video" app.
Expert
Message 8 of 10 (871 Views)

The android versions of those apps have a 'devices' option showing that will allow network access to upnp/DLNA servers - but not generic file shares.  If your router has a suitable server and you know how to configure it to find your content you may be able to make it work.   If you have a PC you can also either activate the server built into windows 10 or install another media server like plex (which can serve via DLNA as well as to its matching clients). 

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 10 (791 Views)

Thanks. Will try that.
Enthusiast
Message 10 of 10 (714 Views)

Finally able to access my HDD from my Tp-Link w8968 router. There is a setting available for media server on router's homepage. Just configure that and you are done.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook