Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Television - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apprentice
Message 21 of 167 (3,508 Views)

Re: After Marshmallow Update Dec 2016 KDL-55W800C non responsive overnight (idle) and requires power cycle to restart. Can an

Chiming in. I opened a threat with my issues related to the Update. I stopped watching TV alltogether and picked up playing the guitar. I got pretty good at it, but I would like to spend more time in the living room watching Netflix on my TV again. I spend money for it so I have to use it again.
Enthusiast
Message 22 of 167 (3,464 Views)

Re: After Marshmallow Update Dec 2016 KDL-55W800C non responsive overnight (idle) and requires power cycle to restart. Can an

Same issue here. Every time I turn off the set for a long period of time, when I return to power it on it is non-responsive. I found that unplugging it is not necessary. It will eventually turn on by pressing the power buttons enough times. This is incredibly annoying and needs to be addressed by Sony.
Apprentice
Message 23 of 167 (3,335 Views)

So, I attempted reseting my tv and not setting up any of the internet/wi-fi functionality.  Just skipped all of it so my TV does not connect to my router.  TV has had no power on issues since this past Friday when I did this.

Just another thing to try.  I realize it takes away all smart TV functionality, which I supplement with my Apple TV.  Hopefully this will be addressed in a future update.

This is definitely a software issue that Sony needs to fix.  It is amazing that they seem to release software without testing it. 

Enthusiast
Message 24 of 167 (3,161 Views)

I am having the same issues here. I have tried all the suggestions. Clearing cashes. Resetting system. Nothing works. I am very disappointed in Sony. Waiting for a "fix" for this issue.
Enthusiast
Message 25 of 167 (3,180 Views)

My KDL65W850C is behaving exactlyt he same way after the ****** update + gets blocked when trying to change channels
Enthusiast
Message 26 of 167 (3,114 Views)

Same with my KDL-65W850C. I've spent and hour and a half with Sony chat and phone support. They said they needed to send a repairperson out, though this is clearly a software issue. Sigh.

Apprentice
Message 27 of 167 (3,062 Views)

I have been having exactly the same issue with my KDL-55W800C which I bought one year ago. Also like other recent responders, this issue only began immediately after the most recent software update.

I doubt this is just a power issue as sometimes the TV won't TURN OFF and needs to be reset via unplugging.

The TV was originally plugged directly into the wall when this problem first occurred. However, the wall plug is behind a huge, heavy credenza. I ADDED SWITCHABLE POWERSTRIP JUST FOR THE TV SO I WOULDN'T HAVE TO MOVE FURNITURE, SOMETIMES TWICE A DAY, JUST TO RESET THE TV!!!!

This TV is in a rental property and we require dependable appliances for our renters. If this problem isn't fixed soon, I will be forced to replace this TV, and it won't be a SONY product, I can assure you. Nor will I ever buy another for our other properties.

If you are going to release software updates without fully testing them, you should at least provide the capability to "back out" an update when there are issues.

Please come up with a REAL solution!

(I previously posted this response in another thread marked as "Solved". The "solution" was to unplug TV for 60 seconds. Really, SONY?)

Enthusiast
Message 28 of 167 (2,925 Views)

I'm having this exact problem.  This is my 3rd TV from Sony, they replaced under warranty twice now.  

Has anyone tried resetting the TV to the factory settings?  Would that roll back the software update?  I'm thinking of trying that to see if it helps before I try to get  them to replace this piece of junk for a third time.  

Apprentice
Message 29 of 167 (2,910 Views)

I have tried factory reset to no avail. No, it does not roll back software update.
Message 30 of 167 (2,859 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Sony Community.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Our Engineers are aware of the issue and it is being worked on. For the meantime, you may follow these steps:

• Turn the TV off. Wait a few minutes and turn it On.
  • After pressing the power on button using the remote control, wait for a couple of minutes and retry pressing the power on button. The TV should respond.
  • You may also try to unplug and replug the AC power cable. 

Thank you,

Jerome

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook