Welcome to the Community!

Television - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 81 of 116 (747 Views)

Re: Brand new 65x930d wont turn on

Hi Shikems,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

I sent you a private message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

-Erin

BAH Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Message 82 of 116 (722 Views)

Final update--great outcome!  This morning we received our new 930E.  It is gorgeous!  Sony came through and restored our faith in the company.  We even went out and bought a Sony blu-ray player to match.  I used to teach customer service skills.  I know that a company can turn around a bad customer experience just by being responsive, courteous, and making the situation right so that customer loyalty is retained.  We had constant communication from company reps all the way through the process.  Even a rep here in California who made sure the shipping went smoothly and actually answered the phone every time we contacted her!  Thank you, Sony for making things right!

Apprentice
Message 83 of 116 (674 Views)

We Have been Loyal Sony Customers  for over 30 years..  Have had 4 Televisions currently have an KDL52XBR7 and the XBR65X930D, several handycams, VcR's   and Blu-ray's and my most recent  STR-Za5000ES.

I bought our XBR65x930D January 2017, didn't set it up for about a month, was renovating  a theater room.  Finally got it all setup with Sound system and it was amazing... We only used it a few times because it is in the basement and my Wife has an extreme case of RA so it's hard for her to get up and down the stairs. 

Anyway, last night my Daughter was entertaining and turned on the system and the TV would not turn on, nothing, just a blacck screen.

I called Sony Support and went through all the .  things mentioned here and now an appointment is going to be made to service my TV.  I hope it is not repairable, a 6 month ould multi thousand dollar unit and it fails!  I read on the sony support side that there is a problem with some circuit board and there is an extended warranty till 2021?  Why is that, putting the same new defective   circuit board in failed tv's knowing they will fail again? After 4 years, 2017 till 2021, Sony is off the hook and anyone with one of these defective tV's wil have to pay for a repair or buy a new TV!!

Well,  if I am one of the unlucky customers, it sure isn't going to be Sony and I will hound anyone I know that they better stay clear too!!!

Just last week I was telling my Brother-in-law how I was glad I purchased a Quality product From Sony instead of a unknown 1/5th the price unit from India he was bragging about, well I now look like a fool!

Please Sony, I don't want a refurrbished replacement or a lesser model, I have paid plenty, make it right and just bring me a XBR65X930E...

BTW: I have the box and all the packing, kept it in case  I ever had to remove the unit from my basement, can not move it without the original packing!!

Enthusiast
Message 84 of 116 (558 Views)

Another one bites the dust, came home from work today, girlfriend said the tv wouldn't turn on, grabbed the remote, tried turning it on, nothing, then tried the buttons on the tv, nothing. Unplugged the power cable, waited, plugged power cable back in and still nothing. My heart literally sank untill I came across this page. Went through the troubleshooting and still nothing. Called sony and made a case, they said I would receive a email with in 24 hours from the service center and then the repair tech would call as to schedule an appointment once the parts come in, the rep said it could take up to 5-7 days. I all honesty I really hope it's broken for good, because i paid alot of money for a working tv, not one that could potentially break again for the same thing multiply times as some people have stated. We all paid serious money for this tv and it's defective. If it goes the latter I would settle for the 930e replacement and nothing else. I'm just at a lost for words. There are so many topics on this forum about this issue but what bothers me the most is how it's being handled, some people are getting downgraded to the 900e, some are getting refurbished 930d's, some are getting what is rightfully owed the 930e, and some even got refuns. This is across the board and just makes me wonder what the ****** happened to sony.
Rookie
Message 85 of 116 (491 Views)

Wow! I feel dumb. I purchased my 65X930D in December 2106 after the Best Buy sales guy convinced me it was a better TV than the Samsung I was considering. I've owned several Samsung TVs without any issues, but I bought this TV (against my better judgment) based on the "expert's" recommendation. This TV was also more expensive than the Samsung, but I didn't mind because I thought Sony was a quality product that was worth the investment...wrong. My daughter was watching cartoons this morning before school as she always does, and everything was fine. I get home from work this evening and the TV won't power on....nothing, no blinking LEDs, nothing---even after all the troubleshooting steps I followed on this thread. I purchased a Best Buy protection plan so I called Geek Squad. They're coming out next week and their service window is noon to four. That means I have to take time off work to have a $2,000 TV fixed that's less than one year old...and I have no TV for almost one week! The funny thing is he asked me for the brand/model/serial number and said a package would be arriving in the mail that I should give to the tech. That proves this is a KNOWN issue on these TVs. Then I get on here and see that this is a common issue everywhere. UNACCEPTABLE. My 40 inch Samsung is 8 years old and still works fine. Even my 10 year old 32 inch Magnavox in the bedroom still works fine. I had such respect for your brand Sony......what happened????? Here we go--wish me luck everyone!

Enthusiast
Message 86 of 116 (478 Views)

Sony told me the tv is discontinued. Which it is. Most likely because of this problem.
Apprentice
Message 87 of 116 (458 Views)

The 930d is in fact discontinued but not because it was defective rather because the new models come out early each new year. Sony releases there new models early in the new year and sometimes mid year like they did with the Z series in 2016.

Update:

My 65X930D was Resurrected yesterday, however, I am not feeling all that happy. I asked the service fellow what it was he was replaceing and if it was an improved part? He told me it was a video board that went and that he didn't know and was not informed by Sony if that board had been revised (fixed the original issue) or was the same as the one he was replacing.

My concern is that my warranty ends Feb 2018 and if this happens again it's going to be a $$$ repair.. This 930d gets turned on a half dozen times a week, my 52XBR7 has been tirned on a half dozen or more times a day for the past 8 years and (touch wood) will continue. I guess all I can do is try and use it more so if it is going to fail it will do so sooner than later...

Sony if your monitoring this thread, tell us if your replacing that defective board is it the same board or have you fixed the problem?????

What ever happened to the saying "you get what you pay for"??

SONY, I certainly didn't get the quality I paid for!!!!

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 88 of 116 (456 Views)

I found this on Sonys site, so are they replacing the defective part with the same part?  if it is the same part, then we can expect our XBR65X930D's  will be useless in 2021!!!

From Sony at:

https://esupport.sony.com/CA/p/news-item.pl?news_id=526&mdl=XBR65X930D

"Dear Valued BRAVIA® customers,

Some XBR-X930D series BRAVIA televisions may experience an issue where they will not power on due to a problem with the power supply circuit board. To address this issue, subject to the terms and conditions in the Limited Warranty that accompanied the Affected Models, we will repair your Affected Model, free of charge, through January 31, 2021.

Thank you for your support and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

SONY! IS THIS PART A REVISED PART OR THE SAME DEFECTIVE REPLACEMENT??????

Enthusiast
Message 89 of 116 (447 Views)

I'm fairly certain it's the exact same part. Sony assured me on the phone that it wasn't the same, but when the tech brought it to my house I compared the numbers on the one he removed and the bubble pack from the new one.., identical.

Luckily in my case it didn't work anyway.
BAH Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Message 90 of 116 (420 Views)

It didn't work in our case either.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook