Welcome to the Community!

Television - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 91 of 149 (1,903 Views)

Re: Brand new 65x930d wont turn on

I really hope my doesn't work as well, or I'll end up having it fixed multiply times like some people. I'm not about to go through that at all. Sony used to be the for front of tv's, and I kind of hate how every company has features that only work within their ecosystem of products, smart but a pain when everything is sony brand and your brand new 2000+ 4k tv is detective. I like my other sony entertainment products but this tv is something words can not discribe.
Enthusiast
Message 92 of 149 (1,868 Views)

Well, I'm glad this thread exists...I'm one of you now. Sony XBR65X930D purchased in November of 2016 won't turn on. Did the described reset suggested on support to no avail. Called Sony 239-768-7602 and spoke with a friendly person named "Ed". After he got my information and serial number verifying my purchase from Best Buy I am to receive an email from a technician within 48 hours who will bring out a different part than the one that is faulty (because I told him I was aware of a problem with the power supply circuit board and he acknowledged this problem) and install it at no charge. I expressed to him that this concerned me since this may not resolve the issue and he assured me that if this problem continued that Sony would replace my television with a new one. Will keep this thread posted. 

Apprentice
Message 93 of 149 (1,850 Views)

I'm pretty much the mind no more Sony for me!

I was ready to jump and fork out another $400 and get one of the new true Sony 4K blu-ray's but not now!

I've read other such stories about defective   Sony producgts but luckly until now have not been effected, once is enough for me especially after thousands of dollars, an expensive lesson to learn.

Sony was a good company back in the day, today, well who knows!

Sony, there can't be that many 930D's out there, and even if there are, I think it would be better if you recalled the lot and jus swallowed the loss, all those customers that have falty 930D's telling all those dozens and dozens of friends not to by Sony, is all that bad publisity worth it Sony????  Were not talking about some couple hundred dollar device, but one of your flagship products.  

Hay, what do I know, I'm just one of those ****** poor suckers that bought a multi Thousand Dollar XBR65X930D here in Canada!!  yes, in Canada that 65x930D  was at best $3000 and at times over $4000!!!

Here is one for you to check out, now yu would think  Sony would be concerned with there image for quality regarding Audio...

call this number for Sony support in Canada and listen to the quality of the recording, it's so bad you can hardly hear what they are saying 

1-877-899-7669, if your in the U.S. you will probably not get the same recording.

!  I called the head office back in February in Canada  and told them I couldn't believe that they would allow such a poor quality greeding to be used on there answering system,. it is still the same ****** recording This just goes to show you how much they care about their image, we as consumers szeem to care more than they do!!!

Another thought to ponder, are those XbR65X930E's any better? only time will tell!!!

Enthusiast
Message 94 of 149 (1,787 Views)

Well, the tech is coming tomorrow at noon, unfortunately I will be at work. I'll post back on the news of what happens.
Enthusiast
Message 95 of 149 (1,761 Views)

After going round and round with the Geek Squad guys at Best Buy and the sales staff at Magnolia which is actually a seperate store within Best Buy I got my TV replaced with a brand new 930e. It took a couple of emails and phone conversations with the regional manager for Magnolia to get it done however.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 96 of 149 (1,716 Views)

Follow up:  within 48 hours after speaking with"Ed" from the Sony Customer Service number I received an email letting me know a tech was notified and would be getting in touch with me when the part arrived for repair. Within 24 hours of that I received a phone call from a technician named "Mark" letting me know the part wasn't in yet but, it was in Georgia and he made an appointment for Thursday from 1:00-4:00 pm EST to arrive at my home and make the repair. Have to have the TV on the floor for repairing as they cannot lift or move the TV. Will keep this thread informed. 

Enthusiast
Message 97 of 149 (1,711 Views)

I'm not so sure how Sony is handling this problem, I guess it depends on a case by case situation(?) My case was pretty much simple and straight forward. I called Sony, told them what the problem was (TV had no power & wouldn't turn on), gave them the serial number. They sent an email back with this message ...

"Due to parts availability, we will not be able to complete the repair on your television. In lieu of repair, we can offer you an advanced exchange. Please contact us at 1-877-591-7669 and reference Event #XXXXXXXXX so we can proceed.

To process the exchange, we will require a credit card to ensure the return of the original television. Please have your credit card information handy when you call..."

It took me almost a month to get the "new/exchange" TV due to the fact that they have to see what's available in their warehouse, and I don't know where the warehouse is exactly, Texas, maybe? I know how hard it is to live without a TV, it is like a part of your life is missing...So, to end the ordeal, I had to accept the replacement TV though it doesn't have 3D feature like the 930D has; however, the does give very nice pictures and considerably new (2017).

Anyway, I hope those who have to go thru the "fixing solution" best of luck.

Enthusiast
Message 98 of 149 (1,648 Views)

Technician showed up in the time scheduled and my XBR65x930d works!  :-)

Apprentice
Message 99 of 149 (1,608 Views)

[ Edited ]

VERY DISSAPOINTED !!! Just like the comments from xxxx on  page 8 (but he got his TV and I did NOT). I got this tv in Feb. 2017 and in Aug. tv won’t turn on. Call help desk almost 3 weeks ago, and the parts was in back order. Someone from repair called saying that was taking too long and they would replace for the 930E, I ask for a few minutes called back, another agent said the same thing he tried to transfer and call drop. I called again they transfer to the exchange desk, this lady said she would only exchange for the model refurbished.

This a known issue with model as you can see by this thread. After 3 weeks parts in back order they Call me to exchange for 930E and now they change the model for a refurbish 930D.

I pay a lot money to have to exchange for refurbish. THIS IS SONY ISSUE NOT MINE.

I was going to by a SAMSUNG and some customer at best buy convince me to buy Sony. I felt for it because I THOUGHT I KNEW SONY. I will spend all next week in many best buy telling people about my BAD experience with SONY. And I will go to every website and tell this experience.

IF I WANT A REFURBISHED TV I WILL BUY MYSELF FOR ONE THIRD OF THE PRICE.

xxxxxxx received his tv why I can get mine?

Thanks SONY and you will see me around.

Enthusiast
Message 100 of 149 (1,518 Views)

[ Edited ]

We had this repair done about 2 months ago, and were one of the cases where the repair worked.

I was going to say 'We were one of the lucky ones who.....' but i do not feel very lucky about it.

Ever single time i turn the tv on now, i tense in anticipation of it not working again. I asked the tech who

installed the fix if this was a new & improved piece of hardware, and he told me no, it was the same part

as the one he was taking out.

I can't believe we spent what we did on this tv, and i have to feel this way about the purchase, and i am

constantly reminded of it every time i turn it on.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook