Welcome to the Community!

Television - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 111 of 150 (1,646 Views)

Re: Brand new 65x930d wont turn on

If everyone has reported that the "fix" is only temporary and simply happening again, why even keep trying to replace the motherboard? 

Highlighted
Message 112 of 150 (1,582 Views)

Hi Dctrbar, Thank you for contacting Sony. We apologize for the inconvenience this situation has caused you. Let me send you a private message so we can discuss this matter.

Regards,

Jade

Enthusiast
Message 113 of 150 (1,562 Views)

[ Edited ]

Ellen, please help me, r******d@gmail.com, call me at *******711.  I spent too much retirement $ on this XRB 930D for it to have recurring power failure.  Please help if you will...

Apprentice
Message 114 of 150 (1,553 Views)

I've had my 55x930D for about 9 months and it just died the same power-supply related death.  Good 24V from the power brick, but no sign of life from the TV.  Nice Sony support lady from the Phillippines ordered the DPS board and initiated a service call.  We'll see how long it takes to get a tech to visit here in Colorado.

Message 115 of 150 (1,494 Views)

Hello Rodjballard,

Thank you for considering the SONY Community!

I sent you a private message. Please check your inbox.

-Erin

Enthusiast
Message 116 of 150 (1,401 Views)

I'm so sorry I meant Erin. Hope that isn't what's keeping you from contacting me.
Enthusiast
Message 117 of 150 (1,098 Views)

Looks like it's my turn to play the waiting game to see how long the (so called) fix takes. My XBR65X930D just went out yesterday at just over 10 months old. I've been using Samsung TVs for the past 8 years and sadly, my first Sony TV (and the most expensive) died faster than any TV I have ever owned. My concern is from reading the boards that they are replacing the part with the exact same part, which makes no sense. Paid too much for this TV to have this recurring issue. Also been reading that IF, and thats a big IF, they happen to replace your TV, that we would get a lower model? not sure if this is correct as i havent gotten this far in the process, but that is also unacceptable. Can a moderator contact me to alleviate my concerns and provide me some options? 

Enthusiast
Message 118 of 150 (1,097 Views)

forgot to mention, I tried all the resets as well as plugging into multiple outlets and different surge protectors. There is no power at all.
Enthusiast
Message 119 of 150 (1,078 Views)

to follow up on this issue, I contacted customer service and did not get the answer I was looking for. Sony is advising that they will order a part (hopefully not the exact same defected part) and I will hear from a local technician within 3-5 business days. The catch, since my tv is mounted, I will have to pay out of pocket to take the tv off/on the wall mount. Why the customer has to pay for this when the issue is the actual tv i don't quite understand. At this point it seems to be the only option provided to us owners. The customer service team seems to be outsourced and just reading from a script, which is fine, but there isn't much they can do to help besides opening the ticket. From how Sony is handling this issue and forcing our hand, I think i can say with extreme confidence this will be my first and last Sony television purchase
Apprentice
Message 120 of 150 (1,053 Views)

Andy511 wrote:
to follow up on this issue, I contacted customer service and did not get the answer I was looking for. Sony is advising that they will order a part (hopefully not the exact same defected part) and I will hear from a local technician within 3-5 business days. 

That's the story I got too, and for my locale near Denver the time estimate was accurate.  As mentioned before, I contacted Sony by phone on Oct 10th, had a an email anticipating a specific appointment by Oct 13th.   On that same day the repair guy from Worldwide TechServices called personally to work out a mutually acceptable appointment date which we set for the following Monday Oct 16th.  He showed up right when he said he would at 8:30AM Monday and had the old DPS board swapped out for a new one in 15 minutes.   The most time-consuming part of the operation was running some firmware diagnostics from a USB drive and looking for any possible system updates, which it didn't need.   He didn't enable any special service diagnostic screens and my TV did not go through factory reset so my settings stayed intact.  He said that as far as he knew there were no system fault logs that could be downloaded and examined for clues to the failure.

The tech told me that about 50% of his service calls are to replace this one part on our 930Ds.  He said there are A LOT of these TVs out there and in his opinion all of them would need the replacement eventually.   He didn't know what the specific fault was in the TV - a design flaw, faulty parts or poor Q/A - and didn't know if Sony had fixed the underlying issue in the newly installed DPS boards.   He said that he had personally done multiple replacements of this board on some TVs - BUT the reason for at least  SOME of the mutliple replacements is that Sony did not provide enough specific guidance on dissassembly of some very fine ribbon cables on the DPS board and that he and other techs had inadvertently damaged them during replacement.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook