Welcome to the Community!

Television - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 149 (8,115 Views)

Brand new 65x930d wont turn on

We just got a brand new 65x930d.  The TV is less than 3 hours old and when watching the sopranos on amazon prime streaming the tv turned off and it will not turn back on.  There are no blinking lights or anything at all, the tv will just not turn on.  Please help

Rookie
Message 2 of 149 (8,113 Views)

Re: Brand new 65x930d wont turn on

we've tried the power reset and forced factory reset, nothing will make it turn on

Message 3 of 149 (8,056 Views)

Hi YankeeRose,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

We regret to hear that the TV won't turn on. Kindly follow the troubleshooting steps available in the next link: 

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38329.

Regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 149 (7,909 Views)

[ Edited ]

I'm experiencing the exact same situation with a brand new XBR-65X930D manufactured in January of 2017.  Did all appropriate troubleshooting.  I actually measured a good 24V at the TV end of the power cord, so I know it's the TV and not the power supply, remote, or cabling.  What really caught my attention here is that the last thing you were viewing before the problem was the Amazon Video app.  I was also using the Amazon Video app last night when I shut it down normally.  Now today, it will not power on or give any kind of indication whatsoever.  

Is this a chronic problem with internal power supply or maybe a firmware issue with the Amazon Video app and power-off?

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 149 (7,883 Views)

To add insult to injury, Sony wants to replace the discontinued X930D with an X900E.  Shouldn't they replace it with an X930E - assumably the replacement for the X930D?  This very expensive piece of equipment is a month old, under warranty, and now inoperative - and the solution appears to be unsatisfactory and feels fraudulent to me.  This is really turning out to be a bad consumer experience with Sony.

Message 6 of 149 (7,873 Views)

Hi AirBourn,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

Please send me a private message regarding your reference number so we can review your file.

Regards,

^Ron

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 149 (7,813 Views)

This web site, published on January 22, 2017, says that the X930E is indeed the successor of the X930D:  X930D / X930E Comparison Article

"XBR65X930D is one of popular choice for 65-Inch Smart 4K UHD TV in 2016. 
In 2017, You can find Sony XBR65X930E as the successor of XBR65X930D."

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 149 (7,745 Views)

I'm suffering the same issue with my 4 month old 65X930D. They want to give me the 65X900E. I was told my TV has depreciated and the 65X900E is now the most comparable model. Feels like we are being screwed. I specifically remember standing in Best Buy and the salesperson telling me all the reasons why the 930 was better than the 900, now we are being downgraded to the 900 against our will because Sony is trying to save a buck. However, in the process they have created an enemy that will tell everyone I know and many, many people I don't know about Sony products and Sony customer service. I plan to go to Best Buy this Saturday and stand in front of the Sony TV's to tell every potential TV customer about my experience. If I can prevent even one customer from purchasing a Sony it will be worth my time. Ethically and Morally Sony is just not there as a company. It's all about the bottom line even at the expense of their customers and their reputation.

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 149 (7,729 Views)

I had to do my own research - but here's what I finally determined.  The model numbers make things confusing.  The 900E is the replacement for the 930D.  It's the current year's model (the E versus the D) at the same pricepoint in the product line as the 930D.  The suffix is most important.  I guess that the E is also an 'upgrade' because it's a full-array lighting versus the edge lighting.  I was concerned strictly by the model numbers (900 versus 930 - seems like a downgrade.)  They're sending me the 900E next week - we'll see how it compares.

Now, if the customer service people at Sony actually knew that the 930D was discontinued, and the 900E was the upgraded model at that pricepoint, and could have communicated all that - it could have saved a lot of time and effort trying to dig down to the real story.  Instead, what they told me was that they couldn't send me a replacement 930D "because they don't have one in their warehouse."  That's the first point I saw giant red flags!

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 149 (7,538 Views)

[ Edited ]

Take it back to place of purchase!!! I went through Sony ****** for the last month to have my X930D replaced with the inferior X900E. We went 3 weeks with no TV!!! I'm begging you to box and return your TV and buy a Samsung or LG. I spoke with numerous representatives and even e-mailed the CEO. No one will help you based on my experience. Here is a list of contacts you will need if you continue down your current path. Notice they are based in Japan, so good luck!! The support I was able to reach is based in the Phillipines. Again, good luck!!!

Executive Contacts

Primary Contact
John Dolak
Vice President of Corporate Communications
1-7-1 Konan
Minato-Ku, Tokyo 108-0075, Japan
john.dolak@am.sony.com

Secondary Contact
Michael Lynton

President, Sony Corporation of America

1-7-7 Konan

michael.lynton@am.sony.com

Also, try Patricia Arias, patricia.arias@am.sony.com

Mike Fasulo

President, Sony Electronics

1-7-7 Konan

michael.fasulo@am.sony.com

Chief Executive

Kazuo Hirai

1-7-7 Konan

Kazuo.Hirai@jp.sony.com

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook