Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 21 of 102 (1,466 Views)

Re: Brand new 65x930d wont turn on

Hi Rob1, let me send you a private message. Regards, Ella

Message 22 of 102 (1,465 Views)

Hi 65x930dinop, we would like to look into your file further. Please send us a private message with the model and serial number of the unit, purchase date, your phone number and most importantly, the event ID associated to your issue. Regards, Ella

Rookie
Message 23 of 102 (1,408 Views)

Same thing here.  We were watching the TV last night and this morning it doesn't come on.  No power. No LED, no nothing.  I've tried all the troubleshooting steps I could find online and nothing works.

We paid $3K exactly a year ago for this TV after being convinced it was superior to the Samsung we were going to get.  I am really, really disappointed.

Message 24 of 102 (1,361 Views)

Hi Carlosj,

Welcome to Sony Community!

Our apologies for the inconvenience that this may have caused. The cause of the problem is the power source or the power connection. Please click the link below and check the guidelines to fix the issue.

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/75501/c/65,66/kw/no%20power

If the problem still persist please click the link below

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/support-contacts.pl?mdl=XBR65X930D

Regards,
Jay

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 25 of 102 (1,356 Views)

I came home from work today and my 65x930d wouldn't turn on. It worked earlier today when my wife was watching tv, and now it wont turn on. I purchased this tv in February just 3 months ago. By reading others comments here, it seems there is a defect in 930d that were manufactured early this year. Sony better do the right thing and repair my tv, get me a replacement 930d, or refund me what I purchased it for.

Im waiting to hear about scheduling a repair time so hopefully they are able to fix it. Im just really frustrasted I paid thousands of dollars for a new product and now it is not functional.
Message 26 of 102 (1,346 Views)

Hi Barmstr6,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

We're do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you send us a private message with your event ID or reference number so we review your file.

Thanks,

~Ralph

Apprentice
Message 27 of 102 (1,344 Views)

Sad days ahead for you,  There are no more 930D's in stock.  They will attempt to repair it and that will fail.  They will then offer to send you a new model 900E which is a model down from the 930 series. It does not have 3D (ok for me) but it also does not have the Slim Backlight Drive functionality which Sony describes as producing "dynamic images."   The sales people showed me how much better the picture was compared to those lesser units without it.  I bought it largely based on that.

The new model 930E has this feature but they will not send this one to you.  Dispute it as you may, it will be to no avail.  You can call and call but will never speak to anyone who can authorize it.  They will also refuse you a refund.  However, if you appeal frequently and persistently, they may offer you a refund.  Of course, they will not refund the tax portion of it.

My experience with the same situation was that it was the singlemost poor example of customer care I have ever encountered.  One would think that if their product failed so quickly, they would make a concerted effort to get one back up and running with an equal or better unit.  That was not my experience.

Enthusiast
Message 28 of 102 (1,276 Views)

I too just bought a Sony XBR65X930D.   I bought it at Best Buy.  Having just had a bad experience with a high-end Samsung TV (it died one week after the factory warranty expired), I bought Best Buy's extended warranty and replacement plan.  Best Buy installed the Sony in my theater room in March.  We have been using the 930D for about two and a half months.  We watched a movie on the Sony a couple of days ago, and shut it off.  When we went to turn it on to watch a movie last night, it wouldn't turn on at all.  No red or blinking lights.  No message on the screen.  Totally black.  We verified that the power strip is working.  Also unplugged it from the power strip and plugged it into another wall outlet, which I verified has power.  Still nothing. Nada.  Dead.  I tried the trouble shooting suggestions by Sony listed on this thread by Sony and in the owner's manual.  Still totally black, dead.

I called Sony after-hours support.  The representative was very helpful, but the issue could not be resolved over the phone. So Sony is going to send an authorized service technician to look at it.  I'm waiting for the call for them to set up an appointment.

But if the same thing happens to me that happened to the rest of you, the service guy either won't be able to fix it or they'll fix it and it will happen again.  Then Sony will offer the 900E as a replacement.  If it's not the same TV, I won't accept it.  As an attorney, I know that Sony's legal duty is to replace the unit with the same unit or a current unit that has the same or better specifications.

I always had a lot of respect for Sony electronics.  Our other Sony products have worked great.  So I'm very surprised to see these problems with the 930D.  There must be a lemon in the 930D power supply circuitry.  But after hearing about all of your experiences, I am tempted to not wait for Sony, and to take the unit back to Best Buy to demand an exchange or in-store credit for another brand of TV, maybe LG.  After reading about all of your experiences, and with a brand new Sony TV totally going dead, I think my confidence in Sony has diminished.  

It's very disappointing to have this happen to a brand new upper-end Sony tv.

Rookie
Message 29 of 102 (1,264 Views)

[ Edited ]

I saw that you could get the manual that may help at ht*** a***che*** g.co**

Enthusiast
Message 30 of 102 (1,147 Views)

I decided to go thru Sony's warranty process.  It took a couple of weeks, but Sony sent out a technician and replaced the mother board.  TV works for now.  

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook