Welcome to the Community!

Television - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 31 of 102 (1,335 Views)

Re: Brand new 65x930d wont turn on

Just had this happen to my tv.  Ive had it for only 6 months.  Went through Sony Support and they are replacing it with the 930E.  

Enthusiast
Message 32 of 102 (1,289 Views)

[ Edited ]

hello,

i have a sony bravia xbr-55x930d with the no power issue.

we were away for a week, came back home, and the tv will not power on. i have tested the power, unplugged it from the surge protector, then plugged it directly into the wall outlet (tested the wall outlet also and let the tv sit for up to a half hour unplugged) but i still get no response from the unit. i tried the remote with new batteries, and the power switch on the tv.  evertything else plugged into the surge protector is working fine also.

i took the 24v dc converter to best buy, and they were kind enough to hook it up to a same model floor model, and it powered that tv up just fine, so i know that converter is working as it should be.

the geek squad is coming to look at the tv this week, but i am worried now due to all the similiar complaints i have seen here. My tv is just  out of warranty by a couple of weeks, I can't imagine having to toss a tv that was this expensive after 1 year of use. i see alot of talk here about replacements, but am curious if anyone paid for a successful repair, and what that ended up costing them.

we owned a sony 'old school' trinitron prior to this tv that was a work horse. This is rattling my faith in the brand.

Rookie
Message 33 of 102 (1,280 Views)

Rookie
Message 34 of 102 (1,278 Views)

I am having the same issue, my XBR-65X930D will not turn on. The TV was working perfectly, I leave for a week with my wife and daughter come home and the TV will not power up. I ran through all of the trouble shooting steps and nothing. I measured the power output from the power block with a meager and it is working fine. I have been a life long Sony owner and this is quite disappointing.
Enthusiast
Message 35 of 102 (1,236 Views)

I also have a 930D that has died after 5 months of little use. Where is the "DPS board" located in the TV that seems to be the replacement fix? I am hoping not to have to remove the TV from the wall mount, as I live alone, just moved to the area, and have no assistance. Is there any chance that just the power brick needs to be replaced?

Enthusiast
Message 36 of 102 (1,188 Views)

My wife and I bought a XBR-65X930D in late January 2017 and there have been a few times when it would shut off randomly in the middle of something. Now it won't turn on at all. I went through all the troubleshooting, and nothing worked.

Like many of you, we paid a pretty hefty price tag for this TV that seems to be a known lemon. I've started a claim and they are sending someone out with parts... I am not encouraged. We had our Pioneer 50 inch for about 10 years, and it still works great! It's set up now since the Sony is an enormous paperweight.

I hope they will do a replacement, but Iif they are replacing with an inferior model then that's a problem. I'm starting to wonder if we should start a class action lawsuit. It sounds like there's grounds for complaint. I was very excited to buy a Sony and now I'm stuck with a known lemon!
Enthusiast
Message 37 of 102 (1,174 Views)

I have the same problem with my 65x930d, worked ok for 5 months and then all of a sudden does not turn on.  I agree we should try and file a class action lawsuit.  I'm not interested in spending a bunch of time on this issue.  I just was to watch TV that I paid big $$$$ for.  I called Sony last night and they are sending out repairman.  The rep knew what the problem was before going hrough any of the trouble shooting when I told him what model it was so they are well aware of the problem

Rookie
Message 38 of 102 (1,143 Views)

We bought the 65x930d from Best Buy in Buffalo, NY, in February 2017.  In July 2017 it completely stopped working, no power.  I am extremely disappointed since I am a lifelong Sony customer.  Service has been sent out, but we have been without a tv for over a week.  Also my husband had to remove it from the wall for the service call, which is a giant hassle considering it's huge and we have three small children.  I sincerely hope Sony replaces it with the 930E model if it can't be fixed.

Enthusiast
Message 39 of 102 (1,083 Views)

Having the same problem with my 55x850d.    Had it a little longer.  4 months. Lol.  I know the feeling.  You are not alone.

Enthusiast
Message 40 of 102 (1,083 Views)

Feel your pain.  I can't watch my tv either.   Sony 850d.   Did the same thing to me.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook