Welcome to the Community!

Television - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 51 of 149 (1,910 Views)

Re: Brand new 65x930d wont turn on

Contrary to other posts here, the 930E does not have the 3D feature, so whatever replacement TV you get, you will lose 3D. Hope you all didnt buy extra 3D glasses! Glad I didn't yet.

Enthusiast
Message 52 of 149 (1,873 Views)

We've got our tech coming out today. If our tv works for a short time after he leaves, but then breaks again... will Sony still cover it? 

Enthusiast
Message 53 of 149 (1,868 Views)

[ Edited ]

Yes, but make sure you turn it off and on a few times while he is still there!! Mine broke again the 2nd time turning it on after the fix

Enthusiast
Message 54 of 149 (1,841 Views)

Repair man just left, part didn't fix TV.  He called Sony and they offered me refurb 930D which I declined and asked to speak to the next level person who they said would call me back in a day or two.  Why are some people getting offered the 930E and I was offered refurb 930D?  Why would they need credit card number to send me the TV?  This whole process has been very frustrating!!!!

Enthusiast
Message 55 of 149 (1,801 Views)

i made an appt with the geek squad, but then i  called sony for the heck of it  and after giving them my model number, told me they were ordering the replacement part, and would send a tech out to install it at no charge.

i asked how they knew what part was broken without even looking at my tv. The rep said 'we know what it is'

the tech came out (i had to remove the tv from the wall) and opened the back panel.  he took a photo of the tv with the panel off as well. he replaced the board (it looked like it had a large heat sink on it) and then plugged a usb device into the tv  when i put it back on the wall. i powered on the tv, and it did work.  The tech had to take a photo of the tv working as well. I then unplugged his usb stick and gave it back to him.

There was no paper work for this service, and nothing for me to sign. Not sure if this is correct or not, but he told me there is no warranty on the part they swapped. that i am still under the original warranty which expired a couple of weeks ago.

The tv has been working fine since the repair which has been one week ago now.

Enthusiast
Message 56 of 149 (1,796 Views)

Just got the follow up call from Sony. Still only offered refurbished model with 2 year warranty. Didn't accept. I'm going to file claim with BBB. It's obvious more problems with this TV since board was replaced and TV still didn't work. They wouldn't let me escalate the claim any further. Anyone have any suggestions on how else to proceed. I'm done with Sony and there stonewall tactics. This model of Tv is a lemon and they refuse to stand by it
Apprentice
Message 57 of 149 (1,759 Views)

****** all,

Same story as Billy's, the tech came out today and opened the back panel.  Did the same thing and took photos of the tv with the panel off as well as the broads and all labels. He replaced the center power board. However he did not plugged a usb device into the tv. He just powered the TV on and it did work. I then proceeded to turn the unit on and off several times and checked the setting, netfix, hulu... all is fine and works.  The tech also took a photo of the tv working as well. Then he even helped he put the TV back on the wall !!!!

Same here again there was no paper work for this service, and nothing for me to sign. I also ask about the warranty and said that I am still under the original warranty.

The TV is working today and will update in a few days.

Guess I was on of the lucky ones that the parts does work, except for the few that got the 930E (faster network card).

Enthusiast
Message 58 of 149 (1,666 Views)

Enthusiast
Message 59 of 149 (1,660 Views)

Recieved my 65x930E as replacement for the 930D yesterday! Good to have a tv after 3 weeks.

Enthusiast
Message 60 of 149 (1,636 Views)

Our tech was out here on Friday afternoon and did the same as everyone else. Replacement part and fired it back up. Nothing. A green and red flashing light. Phone support from sony made him re-seat the board with the exact same result. Then, to the frustration of the tech, they asked him to update the tv software. Well, he had to leave and head home to download this and now he's supposed to come back this morning to finish the job.

For a $2k purchase, this has been ridiculous. I'm hanging in, but I'm frustrated. And, depending on how this goes down, I may be done with Sony for good.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook