Welcome to the Community!

Television - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 61 of 102 (1,060 Views)

Re: Brand new 65x930d wont turn on

Tech just left. Really nice guy, he tried plugging in his USB stick with the update, and we waited 25/30 min. Nothing happened. He left and mentioned that he would put it all in his report to Sony.

At this point, with 2 tech visits (one on a Sunday morning) I'm done messing around. It's time for Sony to make this right.
Enthusiast
Message 62 of 102 (962 Views)

I was supposed to get my replacement TV today, but the delivery people (Ceva Logistics) just called me this morning to tell me that they just discovered that the replacement TV has a cracked screen, so they won't be bringing it.

This hassle from Sony never seems to end. Can't build them right, and can't pack them right. Sigh.

Rookie
Message 63 of 102 (882 Views)

You know there is talk about the economy crashing, I can think of only one reason it would happen, people are getting tired of buying really bad products. Ate we losing our faith in company's products?
Companies are going too far with Lean Think. Cutting corners to max profits will hurt them in the long run. However, we can't blame companies for making bad products as long as we keep buying it.
What would happen if people were to go back to living a simple life. Getting outside more. Out economy would crash for sure.
Our brand expensive 65 inch with very little use has stopped working. I have a problem when a business ask you, Do you want to buy a warrantee? Or when you walk into a store and see a sign, 100% return if you're not satusfied, these are clues, businesses are aware they're selling junk.
I bought a humidity and temp gauge and it started smoking and I took it back to frys. They went on line and found the lowest purchse price. I lost three dollars. I managed businesses for years, I was younger and I would be embassed to manage a business today.
Enthusiast
Message 64 of 102 (784 Views)

I have a xbr65 930d. It will not turn on. They want to send me a recertified unit. I have only owned this tv for 3 months and it has been watched about 5 times. I feel uncomfortable allowing them to send me a tv that has been used. The email states that the replacement can have minor cosmetic flaws. I have a brand new tv. I don't want someone's used, and possibly scratched tv. Am I justified to ask for a new tv, or possibly a refund? This was a 2000 dollar tv.
Enthusiast
Message 65 of 102 (781 Views)

Dear z28scotty,

Relax. You will be fine. I got my replacement TV delivered yesterday, a 930E, and it is now working fine. Wall mounted, so I had to personally attach the old bracket to tehe new TV, but now that it is back on the wall, it looks great!

Good luck. My first replacement delivery was a cracked screen, so it took two times to get it right. hang in there!

Enthusiast
Message 66 of 102 (773 Views)

Dave,
Thanks for the reply. It definately makes me feel better. Im glad they got you set up with a working tv.
Enthusiast
Message 67 of 102 (747 Views)

I'm supposed to be getting my replacement 930E tomorrow morning. Any idea if they will help me get it back on the wall?

I'll keep you all posted on my progress.
Enthusiast
Message 68 of 102 (601 Views)

[ Edited ]

Need help! My 55 inch 930d stopped powering up. I called into cs support and got elevated and all they want to do is send a technician out. I explained to them this is tv was a replacement from the first one I purchased because it had the same issue. They said I have to have a tech come out I explained that I've gone through all of the steps and I woullike to speak to a manager but she is refusing. Now she is saying I have to communicate by e-mail and continues to not transfer me to a manager.

Enthusiast
Message 69 of 102 (590 Views)

Just as a follow up, we finally got our replacement TV on Thursday last week, and back on the wall yesterday. It's a 930E and it is pretty fantastic. However, the process was tough... went through two rounds of repair trials, and the delivery people did a nice little no-show on the first promised time slot. 

Rookie
Message 70 of 102 (476 Views)

I too am having the EXACT same problem with my Sony XBR930D. Purchased from Best buy in NYC in January 2017 - came home one day and the TV wouldn't turn on... This is a serious problem for Sony. I am suprised at everyone have the same issue there is no press picking this story up... If you bought a computer from Apple and this happened they would INSTANTLY REPLACE IT. 

NOW I HAVE TO WAIT FOR SONY TO COME TO FIX MY TV? THEY SOLD ME A LEMON AND SOMEHOW THEY THINK ITS OK TO KEEP THEIR CUSOTMERS WAITING? WHY CAN'T THEY JUST SHIP OUT A NEW TV ALONG WITH A PREPAID LABEL TO SEND THE LEMON BACK?

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook