Welcome to the Community!

Television - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 14 (18,139 Views)
Accepted Solution

Can my Wega 52" projection HD TV with HDMI input connect/play blue ray player with wifi?

I have an older Wega 52" HD projection screen TV.  It has the HDMI input.  I was told that I can connect a blue ray player with wi-fi if it has the input, but then I've read there are no inputs (Video 1, 2, DVD, etc.) to choose to watch it.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Thank you!

Message 2 of 14 (18,124 Views)

Re: Can my Wega 52" projection HD TV with HDMI input connect/play blue ray player with wifi?

Hi starmate5!

Thanks for the message. For us to further assist you please provide the model number of your TV. You may refer to this link to locate the model number.
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 14 (18,121 Views)

Re: Can my Wega 52" projection HD TV with HDMI input connect/play blue ray player with wifi?

Hi, Angela.

I went to the back of the TV.  I'm laughing because it's so old that the tag with the model no. is warn.

It LOOKS like KP (?) 61WS520.  Hope this is right.  It does have one HDMI cable in the back bottom right side of the TV and it is HD.

Thank you!

Message 4 of 14 (18,114 Views)

Thank you for getting back to us, starmate5. Our system did not recognize the model number that you have provided. Do you still have the supplied remote control of the TV? If yes, please provide the model number of the remote control. You may use the link I provided on my previous post to locate the model number. Do you see any number below the word "HDMI" on the back TV? 

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 14 (18,092 Views)

Yes, I have the remote.  It says RM-Y916.  On the back, under where it says HDMI, is the number 7.

I don't know how else to give you info since the entire label is warn out and unreadable.

Hope this helps.

Message 6 of 14 (18,040 Views)

Thank you for the information. I believe the model number of your TV is KP51WS520. In order to get a picture from the video source that you will be connecting to the HDMI port of the TV you have to set the input of the TV to Video 7. 

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 14 (18,029 Views)

Angela,

That's it?  Just connect the HDMI to the Blueray's HDMI and set it to Video 7?  I'm thrilled!!!  Thank you so much for all your effort.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 14 (18,020 Views)

Yes, you are right!  Smiley Wink You're welcome! Smiley Happy  Please let us know if further assistance is needed.  

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 14 (17,974 Views)

Angela,

I had to write and tell you, I bought the Sony 5100 blue ray player and it worked right out of the box.  HDMI to HDMI, Video 7, voila!

Thank you so much for all your help.  I LOVE my player and I love Sony.

Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 14 (17,965 Views)

That's good to hear. Smiley Happy You are very much welcome! Thank you for the love and the support, starmate5! Smiley Very Happy 

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook