Television - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 9 (100,206 Views)
Accepted Solution

Connecting bluetooth to TV

Can I add bluetooth to my Bravia TV that will connect to my bluetooth Bose speakers?

Message 2 of 9 (100,135 Views)

Re: Connecting bluetooth to TV

Hi jodabee!

Unfortunately you cannot add bluetooth to your TV. 

Rookie
Message 3 of 9 (97,872 Views)

[ Edited ]

amazon.com/Stereo-TV-Transmitter-Bluetooth-Dongle/dp/B004T0CEBK/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1389961546&sr=1-2&keywords=television+to+bluetooth

This wouldn't work? I don't see why it wouldn't but I wanted to make sure before I bought it or something like it.

Thanks so much for looking into this.

Message 4 of 9 (97,861 Views)

Dawn73521, 

We have responded to your other post on a different thread. Please click here to be re-directed to the said thread. 
Rookie
Message 5 of 9 (67,541 Views)

Absolutely. I just did it and it works amazingly well. I bought this: Miccus BluBridge home- Long Range Bluetooth Wireless Music Transmitter or Receiver
by Miccus, Inc.
Link: http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00713RSE0

It connects to the headphone out jack of the Bravia, and you set that jack to be an Audio Out instead of Headphone Out (you do that in the Sony TV's Settings menu)
Rookie
Message 6 of 9 (56,652 Views)

That looks like a possible solution to the configuration problem we're facing:  We want to install two sets of Bluetooth headphones, so that audio volume from the Sony Bravia can be indpendently varied.

I plan to install a bluetooth transmitter (it will allow installation via either the Audio Out port on the TV, or via the Optical Out.) that provides connection to two bluettoth devices.

Here's my dilemma:  Sometimes we will want to listen to the TV through its own speakers, and not use the headphones.  Will I have to manually disconnect the transmitter from the Audio OOut to do this?  Or would breaking the headphone audio connection be enough to unmute the TV's speakers?

Rookie
Message 7 of 9 (13,057 Views)

Hello, can I do the same for my blue ray home theatre. I want to buy new set of Bluetooth speaker for my room as an addition to the wired speaker that came with the home theatre.
Rookie
Message 8 of 9 (13,051 Views)

I bdoing what we wanted to do.

ought a Bluetooth gizmo that attaches to the audio out from the Uverse receiver.  WHn we want to use the headphones, we manually turn on BT, then turn on and pair the headphones.  We have to mute the TV using its native Mute (on the remote).

It's not the smoothest process in the world, but we end up doing what we wanted to do.

HTH

Expert
Message 9 of 9 (13,037 Views)

Note that most of the 2017 Sony TV models:  X940E, X930E, X900E, X850E, and A1E have added bluetooth audio functionality in the android 7.x update.   For other models connecting the line out to a bluetooth transmitter should still work nicely.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook