Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Television - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 5 (768 Views)

Defective SONY KDL60W630B TV having one red vertical line on the left side. Case ID #: 274400

[ Edited ]

I seem to be in a email loop with Sony Customer Support.  I just want the red vertical line to be fixed.  Can someone on this Sony Community help me?

Below is my correspondence:

To: Esupport-videosound@response.sony.com 
Subject: [Case ID #: 274400]

As I stated in my last email which you did not answer;

I tried all suggestions twice (now 3 times) and nothing helped so I contacted my nearest service technician. Their message follows:

By your description, I'm sorry to say that 99% of the time, this is a LED
panel fault (picture tube in the old days) which renders your set not

repairable as Sony do not supply replacement panels.

Should you wish confirmation, our service call charge is $65.00 + HST which

would get our technician to check it out in your home.

A great deal of my time has been consumed researching and troubleshooting this problem already.  I purchased this TV because of the Sony name and the high reviews it received for its use with a Sony PlayStation.  As a valued Sony costumer that owns a 60" Sony Tv, Xperia Smartphone, Camcorder, PlayStation other products I am frustrated and concerned that a product from a brand such as Sony could have such issues less than 2 years in.  

Please contact me with clear instructions on how to fix this issue as quickly and easily as possible.  I await your reply.

Chris Bucknam 

To clarify;

What are the next steps for me to get my faulty TV fixed?

I await your reply.

Chris Bucknam

// END EMAIL
// BEGIN EMAIL

Dear Christopher,
Thank you for contacting Sony Video and Sound Support.
We hope you are doing well.
We've reviewed your concern and understand that you're facing an issue with the TV that Red vertical lines/bands appears on your TV screen.
We're really sorry for the trouble and inconvenience.
We suggest you to access below link and check if the TV is installed with latest firmware update.
If the TV firmware version is up to date. We suggest you to access the below link to perform power reset steps to fix the issue.
We suggest you to access the below link to perform factory reset steps to fix the issue.
If still issue persist, We would like to inform you that there might be an issue with the device and the device needs to be serviced by the service technician. At this time I suggest you to have your device physically examined by our trained service technicians.
Please feel free to get back to us for further assistance if you face any difficulty.
If you would like to be the first to know about our latest products and receive exclusive offers, please sign up for our newsletter:
Thank you for choosing Sony and we appreciate your business with us.
Regards,
Shaw
(C994)
Sony Video and Sound Email Response Team.
Message 2 of 5 (725 Views)

Re: Defective SONY KDL60W630B TV having one red vertical line on the left side. Case ID #: 274400

Hi ChrisTheWebDev,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

Based on your description, it appears that a service maybe required to fix the issue of your TV. You may visit the link below for repair options:

http://esupport.sony.com/CA/p/service.pl?

Regards,

^Ron

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 5 (697 Views)

Re: Defective SONY KDL60W630B TV having one red vertical line on the left side. Case ID #: 274400

Thanks for your reply.  I already contacted my nearest servicer.

There reply was;

This is a LED panel fault. They do not have replacement parts.

The TV is less than 2 years old.  How can Sony not have replacement parts?  Sony needs to send me the parts to fix this defective / faulty TV .  I will fix it myself, just send me the parts.

Rookie
Message 4 of 5 (641 Views)

Hello,

Was this issue resolved. I have the same problem with my KDL60W630B that I bought in 2014. 

This is very disappointing. I bought the TV because of SONY brand name and the TV is barely 2 years old.

I started seeing the vertical line from the past couple of weeks. Like your case, I am worried if they won't have the replacement parts to fix this. 

My case# is: E64339713

Thanks.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 5 (291 Views)

Months later and I still have no resolution.  Sony has not even bothered to contact me in any proper meaningful way.  Sad.  I have lost all faith in Sony.  We returned my sons PS4 that was a Christmas gift and got him a tablet instead and some xbox games as well.  He was very disapointed, as was I, but I couldn't justify purchasing any more Sony products until this issue is resolved.

I did lots of research on this TV and purchased it because of the positive reviews in relation to gaming.  Unfortunatlly all of our games look horrible with this red line through them.  I haven't watched any of my Blue Rays since this happened either.

Can anybody in the forum suggest a way of fixing this myself?  If I can't fix this soon I will be forced to go out and buy a Brand New TV, most likely Samsung, and will never buy a Sony product ever again.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook