Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 5 (2,339 Views)
Accepted Solution

EXTREMELY BAD SERVICE FROM SONY INDIA

EXTREMELY BAD SERVICE FROM SONY INDIA.

Regarding: Repair service number: J72031312 and Product Model KDL-40EX650 IN5 (sr. no: 3283312).

This TV is less than 5 years old (bought in Nov'12) and Sony expressed inability to service this TV in less than 5 years as they stopped mfg of critical part for this TV.

Its almost month passed from the TV gave for repair, and Sony always made false promises that its under repair, part will be available in weeks time and so on...... and now saying it can't be repaired.

Request all NOT TO BUY SONY Products as they know just to sell and don't want to repair...This is really frustrating..

Rookie
Message 2 of 5 (2,224 Views)

Re: EXTREMELY BAD SERVICE FROM SONY INDIA

The problem with Sony India is poor PR and ill-manned technicians that end up in casual approach and delayed first attendance. This agitates a customer even before the service gets attended. But the issue of part availability and withdrawl of company's hardware support is a parent company's policy. A crooked policy a company resorts to once they begin imagining they are too huge to cater to customer satisfaction and can control opinions by flooding the airwaves with deceptive hype. The new new mantra for social responsibility.

I have just realised that there are more people suffering this dilemma after my Sony Bravia 3D LCD TV, model KDL-46W950A, costing a whopping INR 132900, has developed a double display in just 4 years. A replacement cost is a further INR 30,000.

My approach will be simple. If I opt for an iPhone over a Samsung, I want an iPhone quality control involved and longevity...... needless to add social responsibility not only environmentally but customer satisfaction we pay more for. I am paying for it and jolly well have it. Let me see how far I have to go to have my way.

Message 3 of 5 (2,187 Views)

Hi Vishalmurgudkar and Sonyvictim1!

Thank you for considering the SONY Community!

We are very sorry for the bad experience. To best assist you, we recommend contacting the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Best regards,
-Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 5 (2,164 Views)

Hi,

I have escalated to Sony India Management and they have taken action. Case is closed now.

Thanks,

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 5 (1,431 Views)

Hi Vishal,

Can you please tell me how did you escalate the complaint to Sony management. Sine i am also getting issue wwhich is not resolved and also i payed aroung a lakh rupees .Error started once the waranty period was over.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook