Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Television - General

Tuning Up
krizski75

Error code 5006. Can't connect to the internet. I have followed all of the steps from Sony.

I  have lost connectivity to the internet. I am using a Sony wireless adapter on my KDL46HX701. I keep getting the error code 5006 saying contact Sony. I have performed all of the steps from the troubleshooting page to no avail. All of the diagnostics are normal.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ShaunH

Re: Error code 5006. Can't connect to the internet. I have followed all of the steps from Sony.

[ Edited ]

Hello,
Welcome to the Sony Community.

Are you referring to performing the troubleshooting steps provided in the following link?

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31726/c/65%2C66/kw/31726

In addition to the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the above link, you may also try updating the System Software to the latest version. Updates can be obtained from the "Network" menu of the TV.

Reset the Router Settings and perform a network setup again. Check the physical connection by viewing the "Network Status" option in the menu. Reset the TV to the factory settings. It may be necessary to reset the TV multiple times.

Thank you for your post.

Please use plain text.