2. Unplug the power cord of the TV from the electrical outlet.
3. Let the TV remain without power for 60 seconds.
4. Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet. (If the television is plugged into a power strip or surge protector, remove it from the power strip or surge protector and plug it directly into the wall outlet. If the issue is resolved, the problem is with the power strip or surge protector and not the television.)
5. Turn on the TV.
If the issue still persists after following the steps above and the standby light flashes 8 times, do another power reset then reset the TV to factory default settings.
1. After a picture or display information appears after the power reset, wait two seconds and then press and hold the UP arrow button on the remote control.
2. While holding the UP arrow button, press and release the POWER on button on the side of the TV. Reset will appear momentarily on the lower left hand corner of the TV. (If the reset procedure does not start immediately after the picture or display information appears, the reset will not work properly. In this case, start this procedure again.)
3. Release the UP arrow button on the remote control and wait for the TV to reset.
4. After the Reset message appears, allow the TV to reset. Do not press any buttons on the remote control or on the TV and do not make any other adjustments for 1 minute.
5. Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet.
6. Allow the TV to remain without power for 10 seconds.
7. Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet.
8. Turn on the TV. (The initial setup screen will be displayed if the above procedures were done correctly.)
9. Follow the on screen instructions to complete the initial set up.