Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Television - General

Groovin'
shiloh17
Accepted Solution

Ex720 turns on and off red led blinks 8 times continuously

[ Edited ]
Led Blinks 8 times continuously and turns tv on and off
Please use plain text.
AngelaP

Re: Ex720 turns on and off red led blinks 8 times continuously

Follow the steps below to troubleshoot the TV.

Do a Power Reset. 

1. Turn off the TV.
2. Unplug the power cord of the TV from the electrical outlet.
3. Let the TV remain without power for 60 seconds. 
4. Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet. (If the television is plugged into a power strip or surge protector, remove it from the power strip or surge protector and plug it directly into the wall outlet. If the issue is resolved, the problem is with the power strip or surge protector and not the television.) 
5. Turn on the TV. 

If the issue still persists after following the steps above and the standby light flashes 8 times, do another power reset then reset the TV to factory default settings.

1. After a picture or display information appears after the power reset, wait two seconds and then press and hold the UP arrow button on the remote control. 
2. While holding the UP arrow button, press and release the POWER on button on the side of the TV. Reset will appear momentarily on the lower left hand corner of the TV. (If the reset procedure does not start immediately after the picture or display information appears, the reset will not work properly. In this case, start this procedure again.)
3. Release the UP arrow button on the remote control and wait for the TV to reset.  
4. After the Reset message appears, allow the TV to reset. Do not press any buttons on the remote control or on the TV and do not make any other adjustments for 1 minute. 
5. Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet. 
6. Allow the TV to remain without power for 10 seconds. 
7. Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet. 
8. Turn on the TV. (The initial setup screen will be displayed if the above procedures were done correctly.)
9. Follow the on screen instructions to complete the initial set up.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
shiloh17

Thank you AngelaP followed your suggestions but to no avail tv still doing the same thing thanks for trying to help
tv off to get repaired today
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
davidxtran

do not buy another sony!!!!
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
shiloh17

sorry i love sonys that was a year ago it was fixed no problems since why would you say dont buy a sony well maybe you shouldnt be on here if you dont like sonys

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
davidxtran

well...sony is not like before,i buy a expensive$$$ 70inch tv and is only last 9month...so called sony service center,take more than hours on hold...finally they exchanged the unit but not a working unit...so refused the same day..so again called sony back for the problem ofcourse taking hours to talk to them and say they call me back but never did...so till now iam hopless since from 7/12/2014...you tell me what should i do now???
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
shiloh17

[ Edited ]
Maybe you should take it further in Australia we have consumer and fair trading department hopefully you have something similar where you are I would go through them or go to sonys complaints department
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
davidxtran

where do i go to complaint ?????but sony is like before..they only good on playstation!!!
Please use plain text.