Television - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 11 of 14 (1,192 Views)

Re: HDR settings on Apple TV 4K on x900e

Thanks - just what I needed!

Made me realise that my XBOX and Ultra HD Blu Ray were also not doing HDR, so they all look better now! Smiley Happy

Rookie
Message 12 of 14 (947 Views)

[ Edited ]

It's kinda silly. Regular PS4 has HDR already. The only real difference in the two is 4k/high frame rate modes offered on the Pro. To me that's not early enough to sell my PS4 and get a Pro... As for 4K you can't tell any difference. Higher frame rate is the only real goodie but it's not worth the price.

THE WAR OF DESTINY

Rookie
Message 13 of 14 (669 Views)

I am battling the same issues.  I plugged my TV directly into my AppleTV 4k and after restarting it was able to get the Apple to agree to HDR compatibility.  But when I sitched back to running it through my Denon HEOS AVR it refuses to acknowlege that HDR is available.  I've researched the Denon webiste and it says it passes thorugh 4k and HDR, but the AppleTV can't see it for some reason.  Any advice here?

Rookie
Message 14 of 14 (370 Views)

Having same problem.  Getting Sony XBR900E into 4K/HDR TV mode must be enabled on the TV via the HOME/EXTERNAL INPUTS setting and it's not always easy. Sometime I make the change only to discover it wasn't made and have to repeat.  It does affect the picture for all standard HD TV.  And my Spectrum TV picture will not play on the TV unless the TV is set for standard HD.

Frustrating.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook