Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Television - General

Groovin'
Dude905
Accepted Solution

How to watch a movie from a usb flash stick on a Sony Bravia KDL46EX500 ?

Hi ... I have the Sony Bravia 46" KDL46EX500 TV and it has one usb post on the side of the TV . How do you go about watching or loading from a usb flash drive stick to the TV ? Do I need some sore a player to recommends the usb stick , Is their any video as to how its done ? Thanks

Please use plain text.
AngelaP

Re: How to watch a movie from a usb flash stick on a Sony Bravia KDL46EX500 ?

To watch a movie from a USB flash drive follow the steps below.

1. Connect the flash drive to the USB port of the TV. 
2. Press the MENU button on the supplied remote. Press the UP or DOWN arrow button to go to Video, then press the select or enter button. The file or folder list will appear.
3. Press any of 4 arrow buttons to select a file or folder, then press the select or enter button. When you select a folder, select a file then press the select or enter button. Playback will start. 

MPEG1 and MPEG2 (files with the extension ".mpg") are the supported video file formats for USB playback. For more information about playback of files via USB please refer to page 29 of the  operating instructions

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Dude905

So that's my problem the format . I haave a mp4 file . So if I understand this correctly I need to convert it to MPEG1 or 2 , Yes ?

Please use plain text.
AngelaP

Yes, you have to convert the mp4 file/s to MPEG1 or MPEG2. Playback of converted files is not guaranteed to work, I would suggest that you get a file that is originally encrypted in MPEG1 or MPEG2 file format. 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.
Suz Groovin'
Groovin'
Suz

I have used my USB to watch movies on a samsung tv and now trying on a Sony Bravia. I get to the screen that shows the titles but when I click on one it says: There are no items to display. Can you help with the reason or if I am doing something wrong?
Please use plain text.
AngelaP

Hi Suz! 

Thanks for the message. What is the file format of the video that you tried to play? Please provide the model number of your TV. You may refer to this link to locate the model number.
Please use plain text.