Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Television - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 2 (1,245 Views)

I have new Surface Book with Miracast, I'm trying to screen mirror with KDL-65W850c

Hi,

I have new Surface Book with Miracast.

I'm trying to screen mirror with Bravia TV, model KDL-65W850C

When I try and connect both devices, it comes up on the TV, preparing to connect, please wait, preparing to screen mirror, then after 30second, message on my PC says couldnt connect.

There was a message on the PC, "conflict with wifi channels" (this has only happened once)

Please help, thanks

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 2 of 2 (1,103 Views)

Re: I have new Surface Book with Miracast, I'm trying to screen mirror with KDL-65W850c

Hi,

I too have a Surface Book and have been having problems with Sony Screen Mirroring. For me, the issue is with a Blu-Ray player. Hopefully what I've learned so far might help you out though.

The biggest hurdle I got over is Windows Firewall. Don't worry about your router for now since Miracast (as I'm sure you know) doesn't use your network/SSID. So, search for Windows Firewall with Advanced Security in your Start Menu and click the hyperlink called Windows Firewall Properties. Go through the Domain, Private and Public tabs turning the firewall off. Then fire up Screen Mirroring on your TV, hit Win + P, then connect to a Wireless Display, then choose your TV.

Even though my Surface Book and Blu-Ray appear to connect at that stage, only the Sony default blue wavey background shows. Still, it seems like progress from having no blue wavey background.

Finally, you'll ideally want to figure out which port to open on Windows FIrewall, then turn the firewall all back on. Safety first etc.

Best of luck to you.

Niko

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook