Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (740 Views)
Accepted Solution

IR Blaster Issue advice

I just bought a 900E 49 inch for my bedroom TV earlier today. Got it mounted and ready... But during the setup I can't get the TV to detect that the IR Blaster provided is plugged in. It kept showing a message that I should verify it is fully plugged in. It is. Does anyone have experience with this issue?

Is this something I should return the TV for? A lot of work to pack It back up... I hope I'm just not doing something correctly. I skipped the steps requiring IR setup for now. I could probably my get by just fine without this, but if it's a TV fault... guess I need to get another one.
Expert
Message 2 of 4 (712 Views)

Re: IR Blaster Issue advice

Try using a phone or laptop camera to view the IR blaster while you go through the setup test.  Some (not all) will show the IR as light so you can tell if it is working.  Test with a known working remote first to see if the camera detects it - my iphone didn't but my laptop would show it.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (700 Views)

Thank you for the quick reply... I'm back at the troubleshooting today. 

I don't think you understand the point where I'm getting hung up. I have no reason to believe the IR blaster cable itself is the culprit. The TV doesn't let me set up the IR Blaster because it doesn't detect that it is plugged in. See the picture. I get stuck on that message. I've tried the RS232 controller port as well just for good measure. I'm plugging it into the 2.5 mm headphone type jack right below the Coaxial cable connector. After a bit of effort... it seems to snap into a secure fit... The TV will just not detect it. 

I've also tried plugging in a set of headphones to see if it would trick the TV as well as using a can of air to clean the port. No effect. The TV is up-to-date on software. Any other ideas? I dread dismounting, packing, and back to Best Buy to start the process over on NYE, but I'm leaving town on Tuesday for a while, so I need resolution. 20171231_123724.jpg

Expert
Message 4 of 4 (693 Views)

If it is the same as the 55" model, the correct jack is just above the ethernet port.

Page 11 here:

https://docs.sony.com/release//REF_4690447121.pdf

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook