Welcome to the Community!

Television - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 5 (519 Views)

Judder in Sling App 850E

I just purchased a 850E a week ago. I'm use to the Android interface as I own a Nexus Player. I'm seeing something that I'm not sure is a Sling issue or the TV's SoC that I've heard is under powered. I don't believe the X1, used for image processing, is the same as the SoC that is used for Android TV and apps.

So what I'm seeing is that during live sports there is a noticeable amount of judder. I've tried three different channels all on Sling all playing live sports and I see it. When commercials come on I don't see it. I even tried TBS watching a Hobbit movie and it looks fine. When watching the same sporting event on my Roku connected to an HDMI input I don't see the judder. I'm scratching my head on this one. Anyone seen this. Suggestions? I really feel like I got the best TV for the price point but I watch a lot of live sports and while I can use the Roku I'd love to use the integrated system.
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 5 (505 Views)

Re: Judder in Sling App 850E

I just purchased a 65” XBR900e about two weeks ago, and have experienced severe motion judder while watching live sports on the integrated Sling TV app as well. I have reported this to Sony’s tech support, but they don’t have a solution so far. I and Sony’s tech support have tried multiple picture settings but none have made any beneficial difference.

I tried using an external Amazon Firestick to watch the same thing and did Not experience the same judder problems. I only noticed very mild motion blur.

Everything else I’ve watched on the integrated apps looks great. The only problems are with all ESPN and SEC channels via Sling TV. Furthermore, when watching sports live or recorded, once the judder starts, it never has the problem during the commercials. All other non-sports related channels through Sling TV look good without any motion related issues.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 5 (331 Views)

I'm glad to see it's not just me. I don't believe it's an issue with the TV and the video processing or we'd see it viewing other content. I will say that I saw the same thing when I downloaded the ESPN app and tried to stream the game. FS1 saw the same thing during the ALDS.

I posted over at XDA in the Android TV area and folks there say the SoC for these TVs is underpowered. The issue I have with that is I've not seen this watching 4K or other video via the built Netflix and youtube apps. What's so special about live sports?? Like you said it's not even motion blur. Are you in the Southeast? I am. I'm wondering if it's not latency from a CDN. Any chance your ISP.is WOW? I might try sideloading DirecTVNow and see how it looks.
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 5 (309 Views)

I just received a call from Sony. They said their engineers reviewed my case and determined that I am “expecting too much from the TV.”

I have requested that one of the engineers call me so we can discuss how they determined that I am expecting too much from this TV... I will post their response on here as soon as I hear from them.
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 5 (290 Views)

Wow....that's unbelievable. So much for customer service. I look forward to hearing what they say.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook