Welcome to the Community!

Television - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 9 (992 Views)

KDL 50W800C infinite reboot loop

Hello, i know this issue has come up before, but my KDL 50W800C is just over a year old and is stuck in a continuous reboot loop. Sony logo appears, then the swirling dots, then re-starts again and again. I have to keep it unplugged for it to stop. i have tried all the hard reboot options, unplugging, pressing buttons, etc. Nothing works. Has anyone ever solved this problem, or does this fix require a new motherboard/mainboard? thanks!
Message 2 of 9 (962 Views)

Re: KDL 50W800C infinite reboot loop

Hi Marco10,

Welcome to the Sony Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try the steps below to address that reboot loop on your TV.

To exit from the Initial setup loop, follow these recommendations below:

If after following these suggestions above, the TV still is stuck in an infinite Initial setup loop, follow these steps below.

1. Using the supplied remote, press slowly the Help button five times.

NOTE: The Contact & Support page appears. If the Contact & Support page does not appear, press the Help button continuously until the page appears.

2. Perform a factory reset on the TV by pressing the following buttons in sequence.

If the troubleshooting steps did not work, service may be required.

Best regards,

-Mark

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 9 (796 Views)

Hi your response was so helpful. I called Best Buy where I bought the TV and they no longer service this type of TV but they had heard about the problem. I couldn't believe that something I bought 13 months ago would not be supported anymore. They told me to call SONY and get the USB...so let's see what happens.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 9 (795 Views)

This does not work. Period end of sentence. None of these reboot options have worked. SONY, you need to do something about this. I have complained to BBB of NYC for SONY corporation's acknowledgement of a named ("Marshmellow") defective update. A fix should be readily available even if we are out of warranty.

Rookie
Message 5 of 9 (687 Views)

I have 2 KDL-55W809C TV's, one of them has this problem at this point. The TV was running slow, with apps not opening, black screens, etc... So I figured, let's give it a reset cutting the power for a moment.

Little did I know this could cause this problem. Tried everything suggested in https://community.sony.com/t5/Television-General/Bravia-with-Android-TV-stuck-in-a-constant-reboot-c... and other bootloop threads.

How is this not addressed by Sony yet? I'm guessing it has something to do with corrupted flash storage? Why is there no official statement?

I'm dreaded it might happen with my second TV as well, how do I prevent this...

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 9 (679 Views)

Hi, my suggestion is to consider ramping up your calls to SONY and letting them know the situation. Another option is to complain to the Better Business Bureau. I did not have any fortune with their fixes, including the patch that could be downloaded onto a USB to force the reboot.

Message 7 of 9 (646 Views)

Hi Gotzshakespeare,

Welcome to the Sony Community!

I sent you a private message. Kindly check your inbox.

Regards,

-Mark

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 8 of 9 (383 Views)

I am having same issue.

have tried all the fixes and nothing.

I will buy a new TV from Samsung before fixing this because SONY doesnt deserve another dime for such a horrible software problem. what a shame.

Message 9 of 9 (339 Views)

Hi, Sony Community!

Thank you for all your messages. 

If the issue started after a software update, we have an article that might be able to help us out with this. Please follow this link for the guideline: https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/75901/

Best regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook