Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Television - General

Occasional Contributor
USER-974553

KDL-55HX800 turns itself off and on

When i switch on the TV , the green light come , the Sony Logo comes , and after the sony logo the screen turns dark , and in 15 sec , the TV restarts itseld , and the loop continues (Sony Logo - Black Screen (15 Sec) - Restart). I tried resetting to factory setting using Up key on Remote and Power Button method, but that does not seem to work.

Also, Remote Control keys are not accepted , but the Green Light Blinks.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
sgreen0

Re: KDL-55HX800 turns itself off and on

I've had a similar problem with my 40" HX800 several times in recent months. But the TV only "reboots" once, returning to proper functionality.

Stephen Green
Los Angeles
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
USER-974553

Unfortunately, mine is not returning to normal. =( Do you remember anything in your behavior or use of the TV prior to this similar problem happening?
Or any indication of a power surge?

I read somewhere that for older models that had similar problems, it could be an issue with 1) the power supply or the 2) main board.

What's really lame is that this happened literally less than 1 month after the 1 yr warranty period. =(

Thank you for your help,
Noah
NYC
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-930654

My Sony Internet Tv is doing the same thing after a update. Called Sony Product Support and was told tv needs repaired, either a firmware problem or main board failure. Am only into warranty three months so am recieving replacement set in lou of servicing present set.( mine is a NSX-40GT1 goolge internet Tv thou )
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
USER-974553

Thanks for sharing your issue. Can you update when you find out if it is a firmware update or the main board? Being out of warranty, the main board repair is significantly more costly so I would hope this issue can be fixed with a firmware update. Mine is not the Google tv model, but hope the fix is the same. So right now your tv is basically unviewable, right? Since it just turns on/off every 10 seconds. Thanks.
Please use plain text.