Welcome to the Community!

Television - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 6 (768 Views)

KDL55W800C Does not stay connect to wired Internet

I have been having this issue for some time. I have my TV connected directly to my router via ethernet cord. When I turn the TV off/sleep, and back on the TV looses the connection and needs to be restarted and sometime I need to restart the router to get the internet back. All my other devices work fine, just the TV. I tried IP reservation to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is it my TV or my router?

Thanks

Highlighted
Message 2 of 6 (700 Views)

Re: KDL55W800C Does not stay connect to wired Internet

Hi Invicta,

Welcome to Sony Community!

Our apologies for the inconvenience that this may have caused. Did you try to reset/restart both the router and the television?

If not, you can follow the troubleshooting steps below.

1. Power off the devices ( router and TV).

2. Unplug the power cord of the router and TV from the electrical outlet.

3. Let the devices remain without power for 10 minutes.

4. Plug back in the power cord to the electric outlet. 

5. Power on the router and TV. Wait until the light indicator of the router is stable.

6. Connect the cable wire to the router (ethernet port).

7. Check the Network connection.

If the problem persists, check if the software had PKG3.885.0137NAA version. If not, kindly check how to update the software from this link. https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/40952.

Regards,
-Jay

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 6 (671 Views)

Hi Jay, 

It clearly states in my post that I am having to do the steps you told me to do every time I turn my TV on after it has been on standby for some time. I hate when tech support people just regurgitate the standard turn off restart steps when it states that I am doing that. The problem Jay is that this needs to be done EVERY TIME  the TV is turned on (which is only goes into a sort of standby mode) so I need to hard reset the TV every time. The software is up to date.

Not to be rude but if "experts" are going to help it would be nice if they actually read the problem people are having.

Message 4 of 6 (618 Views)

Hi Invicta,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

Thank you for your response and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I'll send you a message, please check your inbox.

Regards,

-Erin

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 6 (589 Views)

Hi Erin,

Your suggestion of changing the ethernet cable and ports also did not work. Any other suggestions? Is it a setting on the TV? All my other devices connected to my router work fine, wireless and wired. Would assigning a static IP address be better than using dynamic?

Message 6 of 6 (572 Views)

Hi Invicta,

Thank you for your response.

I sent you again a private message.

Thanks,

-Erin

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook