Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 5 (2,149 Views)
Accepted Solution

KDS-50A3000 power led blinks 3 times

Hello all,

I have the Sony Bravia KDS-50A3000. When I turn it on the power light goes green then turns red and flashes 3 times in sequence. I have replaced the bulb. It still does it. I have tried researching the problem and have found differening solutions.

One says its the lamb door sensor another says it's either the power board or logic board. I am hoping someone here can give me a more definitve answer. Thanks.

Message 2 of 5 (2,121 Views)

Re: KDS-50A3000 power led blinks 3 times

Hi Mross,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

• If a Red LED is blinking and the TV is not working properly it means that the TV has detected an issue or problem. Most Red LED blink conditions require service.The meaning of the blink codes differs between TV models, but the following steps may resolve user serviceable errors related to heat, temporary conditions, or software updates:

NOTE:
    For certain models, if the Red LED indicator light is blinking 8 times then repeats, a special reset procedure is necessary to do. This is a model-specific issue that may be resolved by following these steps (check the answer to be sure your model is included).

For other TV models or other Red LED blink codes:

1. Turn the TV off and back on. If the TV will not respond to the remote or the Power button, or if that does not fix the issue, unplug the TV. For a Projection TV or Projector , leave it off for 3 minutes. For other TVs leave it off for 1 minute. Plug the TV it back in and turn it on.

NOTES:

• If the TV is plugged into a power strip or surge protector, remove it from the power strip or surge protector and plug it directly into the wall outlet. If the issue is resolved, the problem is with the power strip or surge protector and not the TV.
      • Projection TVs and projectors need to cool down before they will turn on again. You may need to wait several minutes before these will turn back on.
    2. Clean any vents/slots in the TV cabinet and make sure there is room for air to circulate around the cabinet of the TV.
    3. Some Sony® TVs have a media box (tuner) and separate display. If you have one of these TVs, check to make sure the cable between the media box and the display is securely connected.
    4. For Projection TVs and Projectors, make sure that the cover/door for the lamp is closed and secure.
    5. If the TV can be operated at all, check to see if a software update is available.
      • If your TV is connected to the Internet, press the Home or Menu button on the remote to get into the setting menus. The Software Update option is usually found under the Product Support or Contact Sony menu.

NOTE: For a limited number of Internet-capable models, the only option is to turn on Automatic Software Updates and allow the TV to update on its own. If you only have this option, make sure it is set to On. Automatic updates are only downloaded when the TV is in standby mode (turned off with the remote but not unplugged). Normally this download will happen overnight but may take up to 24 hours.

• Go to Drivers and Software . You can check to see if a software (firmware) update is available for your TV. Steps to install will be included if an update is available.
      • Older CRT TVs and TVs that cannot be connected to the Internet do not have an option to check for a software update or may not be capable of being updated.

If these options do not resolve the issue, the problem is most likely related to an internal component that must be replaced and service will be required.

Regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 5 (2,095 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have seen this standard answer before. I was hoping someone could tell me what the blink sequence means.

Message 4 of 5 (2,077 Views)

Hi Mross

The 3 red blinking light means that the TV has detected a power issue. We highly suggest to perform the troubleshooting steps provided to help fix your TV.

If the problem still persists, a service maybe required. You may refer to the link below to locate the nearest authorized service center near you.

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/service.pl

I hope it helps.

Regards,

^Ron

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 5 (2,051 Views)

Trouble shooting steps do not solve it's still mocking me by at blinking at me. I read somewhere it is the power board which does match with an above answer. Are these board available? Is there a schematic to see if it is something I could do? Bottom line is it's pretty old tech, I would like very much to fix it but cannot justify spending a huge amount to do that.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook