Television - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 2 (319 Views)

Loss of HDMI recognition/loss of soundbar audio

hi, i'm desperate for help.

fairly tech savvy, but i have an audio problem that i cannot solve.

roughly a week ago, after just under a year of my tv and hts (home theatre system) working perfectly it conked out for no reason.

I have a KD55XD8005 tv and a SR-CT390 soundbar with wireless subwoofer.

Its confusing me greatly and Sony and there recommended repair team cannot help either.

Basically, my HDMi's are used as followed.

1. unusable due to wall mount

2. PS4

3. Soundbar as its my ARC connection socket.

4. SkyHD box

There are a few puzzling issues, such as my TV's source option menu no longer recognizes devices as it once did. i.e. it would list my 'skyhd' and 'ps4' devices at the top of the menu, syncing with them and enabling me to switch between them effortlessly, but mostly i would like TV audio from my sky box outputted through my soundbar.

When i take the SkyHD cable out from the tv the Audio system kicks in and stays active, as soon as i plug the HDMi 4 or sky connection in the tv reverts to its own speakers. Can anyone think why this is?

I have tried almost everything recommended.

power cycling, changing and renewal of hdMI leads, cold resets and factory resets of all devices, power cycling again.

Your thoughts and help would be massive as i invested a lot of money in this and am distraught that its failing me. Basically i love my tv and i'm not enjoying it anymore with the lack of booming audio.

sad face. 

kindest regards

chris

Highlighted
Message 2 of 2 (156 Views)

Re: Loss of HDMI recognition/loss of soundbar audio

Hi Cblack62,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

Greetings and thank you for your message. On this site, we are able to provide assistance for customers in North America. For further assistance regarding your product, we highly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Regards,

-Erin

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook