Welcome to the Community!

Television - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 131 of 140 (3,191 Views)

Re: Mirracast on KDL-60R550A

It is simply ridiculous your keeping repeating this statement which says nothing but that Sony blocked all other brands devices from working with your TV. I'LL MAKE SURE I'LL NEVER BUY A SONY PRODUCT AGAIN!!!!!!!

Enthusiast
Message 132 of 140 (3,182 Views)

I have developed software for similar standards.

Mirracast has many options. Sony devices use a subset that they have developed and tested. The software for the other options either has not been developed or fails to work properly. This is a management decision, and yes, very false advertising!

They have not even made it so that Windows 8.1 PC's work! They have several PC's that run this and they could easily tested and fixed this!!!!

Every comment from Sony here is bogus. They should just be honest and say that their Mirracast implementation on the TVs is ******!

Rookie
Message 133 of 140 (2,989 Views)

Same Problem here! KDL48r510c...Trying to connect using BrandNew HP Touch Screen Laptop...running windows 10, which was free by the way! Microsoft says & I quote "It is the proprietary product of Sony for which you having the problem with! Should have purchased a Samsung which allows intel/widi play tv! Soo sad...the greed that goes on and the consumer caught in the middle!

Rookie
Message 134 of 140 (2,834 Views)

Glad I am not the only person having problems with this, although it is worrying how long the issues seem to have gone on.

My Setup:

TV:  SONY BRAVIA KDL43W756C

Laptop: HP Spectre with Windows 8.1 and Intel Widi (Miracast)

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6

Connection Via Phone:

Connects without any issues, however the audio is always distorted (juttery) regardless of range.

Connection Via Laptop:

Will only connect if I remove the device from Device Manager each time, via this approach it will connect once in 10 attempts and is unstable. When it is connected the audio is horrendious. I turned down the screen resolution and downgraded the Frames per second which again helped slightly but still unwatchable / unusable.

The latest TV firmware update helped, but didnt solve the issue for TV or Mobile.

Since upgrading to Windows 10 - the connection never works - it typically hangs on "Registering Device". I have tried clearing the TV from both laptop and the recognised devices from the TV. Including resets.

By Comparsion - I previously used a Push2TV adapter which works seemlessly from a range of up to 5m for all my devices. I also have a Samsung TV upstairs which also works seemlessly from a range of up to 5m. Likewise when shopping I have taken my laptop with me and tested it with various TV brands without issue. I assumed at the time the Sony was only struggling due to interference in the store as it was the only one that hung on "Registering ******-Laptop". 

On the plus side, the firmware update Sony issued did solve the nearly 1second lip-sync lag I was experaicing using a Optical Out to a Bose Solo AV  

Sony Customer Support - can you implement the barebones standard rather than your interpretation of it, as juding by this thread and my experiance you seem to be the only company that it doesnt work for. 

Enthusiast
Message 135 of 140 (2,815 Views)

Sony used to have a great reputation. It is one example of their not caring about the customer and not providing things they imply that they support! I have the 4K TV - way too expensive for this nonsense!

Rookie
Message 136 of 140 (2,123 Views)

[ Edited ]

Just a heads up that the latest firmare update (2015-11-11) for my KDL-40R550C seems to have improved the screen mirroring / Miracast compatibility somewhat. Wireless display from my Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 machines now works well. (It was previously failing with the "Registraiton failed" error).

Nexus 7 2013 has always worked. But my HTC One M8 and older Galaxy S III still do not work.

Highlighted
Message 137 of 140 (1,932 Views)

Hi derek_k

Welcome to Sony Community! 

We are glad to hear that the latest firmware update improved the performance of your TV especially the screen mirroring / Miracast® feature. Although you're still having issues connecting your HTC One M8 and older Galaxy S III, right? Connectivity with all Miracast® compatible devices is not guaranteed as stated on eSupport site. This feature was tested mostly to Xperia® devices. You can use the Wi-Fi Direct® function instead. For more details, you may check this link: https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43134/c/65,66/kw/miracast

Thanks!

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution

Rookie
Message 138 of 140 (1,867 Views)

[ Edited ]

I'm having the same issue with my KDL-48R470B FW v4.114 and a brand new Windows 10 laptop. I got the Registration Failed error message every time I try to connect ...

according to this article it should work https://ca.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44436/p/61659,62766,72629/c/65,67/kw/Screen%20Mirr...

Do you have plans to release a firmware update for this tv ?

Message 139 of 140 (1,796 Views)

Hi sh0ck

Welcome to Sony Community! 

Usually, Registration failed error appears when registration is not completed in 2 minutes or less. There are also other possible reasons why the TV is not connecting to a device like your laptop using screen mirroring feature. Make sure the TV is up-to-date and the laptop as well. Run Windows Update using the laptop. Please follow the guidelines here:  

https://ca.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45105/c/65,67/kw/45105%20%20 

https://ca.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34500/c/65%2C67/kw/34500

Hope these help. 

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 140 of 140 (1,281 Views)

Just did software update (to 5.414-2.412-00) and mirroring works for the first time in 3 years!  Thank you Sony. Finally!

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook