Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Television - General

Tuning Up
Accepted Solution

“My sony bravia flat screen tv has vertical straight lines all the way across the screen

The model Number is KDL-46S3000. I am having issues with my screen. There are straight vertical lines all the way across my screen. How do I fix this issue?

Top 40 Artist

Re: “My Sony bravia flat screen TV has vertical straight lines all the way across the screen

[ Edited ]

Hi jromie420247,

Try resetting the TV to resolve the issue.

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42994/c/65,66/kw/42994

If the issue persists, get the TV serviced.

https://eservice.sony.com/webrma/web/index.do

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accepted Solution".

Tuning Up

Re: “My sony bravia flat screen tv has vertical straight lines all the way across the screen

I've been reading this thread and others like it with dismay. I have a Sony Bravia TV which is 3 years old and I'm now experiencing similar issues: I've a band of vertical lines which span the top of my screen and disappear after heating up but the problem is getting worse. I've apparently a five year warranty but the Sony outlet I bought the TV from don't want to play ball on even acknowledging that exists so, yes...helpful.

I keep reading all these responsea, presumably from Sony which are vapid at best and mention a response in a private message. Will I get one? What will it say I wonder? This whole situation is TERRIBLE. If you have a faulty batch of anything, you own up, take responsibility and do the decent thing. You don't sweep it under the rug. This and related issues are costing people thousands in hard earned cash as we will all have to shell out for a new device. Sony have an opportunity here to make this right and earn substantial reputational benefit in the process.

I doubt they'll do anything frankly. I will now have to fork out for a new TV and will I get a Sony? Will I advise my friends if they ask me for my opinion on what TV to buy? You bet.