Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Television - General

USER-906051
Accepted Solution

Network error code 5010 and reference code 11

I have a KDL46EX720. I have used the internet features a lot. However, I have not had the ethernet plugged into it for a week or so. I plugged it in tonight to listen to Pandora and watch Netflix, and I keep getting error messages. First, it tells me that my logins have expired and asks if I want to login again. When I select 'Yes', it attempts to do something. I then get an error that is either "The service cannot be accessed at this time; reference code 11" or it is "Configuration failed while connecting--5010". I have never had these problems in the 3 months I have had this tv until now. Does anyone know that these error messages mean? Is there a login procedure that I need to do to re-login the tv itself?

I have reset my router and have given the tv its own IP address within my router. When I run network setup on the tv it says that the physical connection is OK, the local access is OK and the internet access is OK. I can access my home computer media library and my laptop media library, so I think the connection should be good. Please help.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sonymod_wi

Re: Network error code 5010 and reference code 11

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your post.
From the description of your issue your Television is able to communicate with a server (PC) within your home network. However, it will not connect to outside server. Reset your Television to factory default settings. If issue persists after reset, please contact our technical support team for further assistance:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31045

Please use plain text.