Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Television - General

Groovin'
Ricbibi98
Accepted Solution

Our Sony Bravia 46 LCD tv is having color issues, colors are not correct.

In the last week, once tv is turned on, color goes out. Very bright colors, but then at times, almost neon colors. No one has messed with any cables or remotes. Please help.
Please use plain text.
JoseM

Re: Our Sony Bravia 46 LCD tv is having color issues, colors are not correct.

Hello

In many cases issues like these are due to either a connection issues (loose or obad cables) or the source device. Does this happen regardless of what you are watching (Cable, DVD or Blu-ray etc)? I would try turning off the TV and unplugging all of the different devices you have connected. Then try re-connecting and testing each device and TV input one by one to narrow down the problem.

If you find that the issue is not with the cables or one of the devices, click on the Repair link above for service information because the TV may need to be looked evaluated by a TV reair person.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an “Accepted Solution”.

JM
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Ricbibi98

Thank you very much for your response. Unfortunately, after unplugging all cables from the back of tv, the color is still not corrected. Our tv is only 4.5 years old, I don't understand why or how this has happened. Is there anymore advice?
And again, thank you for all your help.
Please use plain text.
JoseM

It may be something that requires a service technician. However, before you spend money on a service call, I would recommend resttting the TV to factory settings.

1.Turn on the TV

2.Point the remote at the TV, press and hold the up arrow button.

3.While holding the up arrow on the remote, press the power button on the TV.

4.You will see the word reset on the TV screen and the TV will turn off and back on automatically.

5.Allow the TV to turn on completely and the set  up screen will appear.

6. Follow the steps to set up the TV.

If the issue is still there, I recommend having a service evaluation.

JM
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Ricbibi98

Hi, I pointed while pressing up and the power and nothing happened.
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Ricbibi98

Figured it out, use power off from the TV itself. Unfortunately, color is still very bright, black and white.
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
thesmartbug

Dear,

colors issues is basically comes from 3 sections. 1- from the LCD Panel. 2- System Board or Main Board. 3- T-Con Boarad or Picture Control Board. If u send me the picture of tv with fault. then I can easy explaint the problem.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
gordontel5491

Half of my Screen is Dark on right side look at it from the front and the left panel has very poor color. Ive already been screwed by Sony with one of their Rear Projection TVs guess Im a glutten for punishment.

Please use plain text.
AngelaP

Hi gordontel5491!

Thanks for the message. I'm very sorry to hear this. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot the TV.

Do a Power Reset.

1. Turn off the TV.
2. Unplug the power cord of the TV from the electrical outlet.
3. Let the TV remain without power for 60 seconds.
4. Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet.
5. Turn on the TV.

If the issue is still unresolved after performing power reset, connect a different video source (ex. cable box, DVD player, Blu-ray player or gaming console) to the TV. If still getting the issue on a different video source, that may be an indication that the TV needs service. You may refer to this link to locate the nearest Sony authorized service center in your area. 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution."

Please use plain text.