Television - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 11 (1,071 Views)
Accepted Solution

Panel Issue KLV-40R452A-IN5 -- SONY Bravia 40 Inch - 3 YEAR OLD Stopped functioning ???

[ Edited ]

My  3+ year old Sony TV stopped functioning, raised service request ID 38711099. service engineer visited and complaints Panel gon and costs 19K.  Extreamly unhappy . How do I escalate ?

Let me brief :-

What for are we behind Sony by paying Extra buks ? will it not last beyond warrenty ?

I bought Sony Bravia 40 Inch from Reliance stores in Chennai by paying 5K additional for additional warrenty. Total cost is 60K

On the day of installation itself there was a big drama, finally TV was replaced with a diffrent one(not sure if it's new) ...

Exactly 4 months after completing additional warrenty .... TV Totally stopped working(No video only Audio)and service engineer complaints Panel issue ???? what the ****** is this ? Extreemly disappointed with the happening .....

I have a cheeper TV which is functioning un-inturrupted for past 15 years. please someone let me know how I esclate this ?

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 11 (1,021 Views)

Re: Panel Issue KLV-40R452A-IN5 -- SONY Bravia 40 Inch - 3 YEAR OLD Stopped functioning ???

After several follow-up's, service team comes back and asks for confirmation to proceed with approx INR 20K work to fix the issue......  I dont feel this is how brand SONY deals with it's trusted customers ....... truly speaking is SONY renting their TV on yearly basis for INR 20K  ? purchassed TV for 60K, 3 years over and now looking for INR 20K to make it work  ? ......  Hello SONY managment .. dont sit and watch all these stories in SONY FORM..... do something to save your image  .......

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 11 (993 Views)

Re: Panel Issue KLV-40R452A-IN5 -- SONY Bravia 40 Inch - 3 YEAR OLD Stopped functioning ???

[ Edited ]

YEP

My 3yr old TV is on the blink too (kdl 50r550a)

Its like Sony is going down in flames and they dont care.

I for one will never buy another Sony product including consoles. Ill even avoid seeing

a movie made by Sony.

Message 4 of 11 (937 Views)

Hi Kpsaradhi,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

We apologize for the late reply.

It appears that the model number you've provided is not a US model. Unfortunately, we only have limited access when it comes to non-US model.

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
^Ron

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 11 (881 Views)

Thanks Ron.

This is the common response that we get i.e to contact nearest service centre. before telling that you should know that I've done all those and also given my ticket number which was assigned to nearest service centre(near to Annanagar rountana - CHENNAI) , where SONY service engineers are willing to work on the problem only on one condition i.e If I agree for INR 20000:00  for them to proceed with work.

For your information ... I approached non SONY service guys and got my work done for less than half of the above amount..

In this regard I have few questions to SONY team :-

1. For out of warrently cases wont SONY provide chip level service. ?

2. Dont they even invistigate what the Issue is ? do they only rely on red blinkers  ?

3. how was outsiders able to fix the issue with less than half of the cost ?

4. Came to know that SONY service engineers will come and work without bills for lesser cost  ?  is this a common practice ?

5. dont you have proper process\mechanism to monitor tickets raised ? SLA to be followed for every ticket raised? audits done for verification ? take feedback from customers ?

Rookie
Message 6 of 11 (525 Views)

Hi Kpsaradhi, am also facing same issue after 3 years of usage.. can you brief what the local service provider did and how much it costs😀
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 11 (519 Views)

I am facing it just after 2 years of buying a Sony Bravia model KLV48R482B IN5.
Message 8 of 11 (482 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Dineshkannan and Shrikantrege,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

^Ron

Apprentice
Message 9 of 11 (467 Views)

Hi All, 

To my suprise, i had a same problem in 2 years and SONY does not even reponds to repair the same. 

I have escalated to Ms. Sudhakar, Chennai Regional Manager and then Mr. Vishwas & Ms. Meena Dehi Regional Service Head and Managing Directore (Mr. Hibi) and Finally to Mr. Kaz Hirai (CEO). 

FRUSTRATED & I feel very bad being a part Loyal Sony customer of various products & had a tremendous faith on SONY CORPORATION.

I am not sure these remainders and continuous followup will re-solve my issue. If you personally feel that the failure of Mother Board & Display Panel is all natural and common in your TV's, then I have no arguments. 

Its almost been 1 month of failure and my complaint (Ref  - 038-823-338) is yet to resolve. Awaiting amicable solution & approval for the same.

I had seen so many failures and so many nasty communications around the various site and it made me to feel that I have taken wrong decision of purchasing premium produtcs.

Quite disappointed on getting copy paste messaging from yoru customer support and Request to develop your team as global standardization.

Re framing my case history for your quick reference and trust you will look into this

Quick Case Detail: 

• Model : Sony Bravia 40R 482B bearing S.No - 3282687
  • Problem : Premature Display Panel Failure in short span.
  • Purchase date : 9th July 2014
  • Warranty :  2.7 Years (Since, it has worked only 5 - 6 months only, rest are idle due to my official travel)
  • Root Cause of failure : Unable to identify (No external Hit, No damage, No Power Fluctuation)
  • Justification of Failure from Sony : Sony can fail anytime being Electronics item.

Need Clarification :

• How come a display panel failure occurs at this early stage?
  • Is Sony designed to fail Display panel, Mother Boards, immediately after warranty expired as explained by your Sony qualified technicians / Branch In-charge?
  • Since, there was no external / Internal  damage and any symptoms of failure. Assume this is could some assembly defect and hence failed.
  • I purchased this television under Hyundai Program of Rs. 37,000/- within 2.5 years your are giving repair estimation of INR 20,000/-  which is almost (50 percent) higher than purchase cost.

PS : I request online chopping to take care of such early failures, as Sony takes an advantage of selling bulk products to India.

Thanks & Regards,

Vinodh Kuma

8-0-5-6-0-4-2-9-0-5

Apprentice
Message 10 of 11 (466 Views)

HI Team, 

Can anyone have Mr Osama Nagayama (Chairman of CEO) Email id ?

Regards,

Vinodh 

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook