Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Television - General

Tuning Up
cricket

RED LIGHT BLINKING

DOES ANYBODY KNOW THE CODES FOR THE BLINKING RED LIGHT

Please use plain text.
AngelaP

Re: RED LIGHT BLINKING

We have responded to your post on a different thread. Please click here to go to the said thread.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
RandyK

My Sony KDL-40SL150 TV is located in a room that gets very little use, turned it on the day before our New Years Party and got blinking red light sequence of 5. tried the suggested resets, called support and was told to take it in for service. No more Sony for me!

Please use plain text.
AngelaP

Hi RandyK!

Thanks for the message. We're very sorry to hear about what happened to your TV. I was not able to locate a file using the information from the Community Were you given any reference number (ex. E12345678)  when you contacted our phone support? If yes, please send it to us so that we can review your file.
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
RandyK

I'll have to check my home laptop, doubt I saved anything. Was given the impression Sony would do nothing. I have since found this to be an ongoing problem with Sony. I believe this set to be about 4 years old, but honestly gets used very little. Maybe 6 times a year. So a little upsetting that a set with so little use should need repair. 

Please use plain text.
AngelaP

Thank you for getting back to us, RandyK. If you don't have a reference number, please PM me with the phone number that you provided when you contacted our phone support. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
RandyK

I just realized I said phone support. It was on-line support using the email provided. Probably the first week of January.
Please use plain text.
AngelaP

I see. What were the troubleshooting steps that you were advised to perform by the online support in order to resolve the issue that you are having with your TV? 

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
RandyK

Basically what I Had already done from searching on-line. Disconnect everything from set, unplugged set for period of time, plug in and power up. Also tried a reset I saw on line, power up while holding the up arrow on theremote. No luck with either.
Please use plain text.
AngelaP

Thank you for the information. Please email us at SonySupportUSA@am.sony.com with your contact information (phone number and email address), model number, serial number, date of purchase and a brief description of the issue that you are having as well as the troubleshooting steps that you have already performed. We'll see what we can do. 

Please use plain text.