Welcome to the Community!

Television - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 20 (133,329 Views)
Accepted Solution

Red light blinks 6 times tv won't come on.

I had a message show up, it said something about the vents being clogged and need to be cleared.  Then it asked if I wanted to change go high altitude.  After that, it shut down, has had a red light that blinks 6 times in a row.  I tried to power it up and it won't work.  I unplugged it all night long, still no change.

Expert
Message 2 of 20 (133,312 Views)

Re: Red light blinks 6 times tv won't come on.

[ Edited ]

Hi Theresa,

Welcome to Sony Community!

I suggest that you try the steps mentioned on the below support article to resolve this issue.

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32192/c/65%2C66/kw/32192

Also, make sure that the vents of the TV are clean. Place the TV in a well ventilated location.

If the issue persists, then the TV requires service. You can initiate the service request from the below mentioned link:

https://eservice.sony.com/webrma/web/index.do

Please mark the solution as Accepted, if you find this information useful.

Thank you for your post.

Rookie
Message 3 of 20 (79,299 Views)

I bought the Sony Bravia Anroid W80C LED TV 5 months back. A red LED light blinks for 6 times and the tv does not turn on. I tried all the troubleshooting tips. Called up for sony customer care. They need 2 days for their engineer to look into the issue.

Is it a serious issue with the TV. Should i take a extended warrenty?

Message 4 of 20 (78,990 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi sujithreddy89

Thank you for visiting Sony Community! 

Sorry to hear your issue. We suggest waiting for the resolution of the customer support. You appear to be located outside the U.S. Unfortunately, we have limited information about the processes to other locations. 

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 20 (51,170 Views)

Sony Bravia KDL-40EX403

Sony Bravia KDL-40EX403 red light flashes 6 times

Tried restart, dusting, unplugging everything and factory restart didn't engage - non responsive

Any idea what the 6 flashes represent?

Thanks

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 20 (32,799 Views)

Hi swflood, Were you able to get this issue resolved. I have a kdl55w800c bought in 2015. It's an android tv. Today all of a sudden, the tv turned off and the led blinked red. After restarting it worked for sometime. After a few hours when we tried turning it on this is what happens. The Sony logo appears followed by the android boot up logo and then it turns off suddenly and the led blinks red 6 times. Tried unplugging, changing power surge protector, wall outlet, dusting, unplugging and replugging in vain.

I see you have posted in November. So was wondering if your problem still exists or if you got it repaired or if you just bought a new one?

Didn't expect this short durability from Sony products. Smiley Sad
Rookie
Message 7 of 20 (32,597 Views)

I am having the same issue with my tv.  I purchased a Sony KDL-48W600B 2 years ago and today I turn it and at some point when I returned to the living room, it was off.  I attempted to power it up again, it turned on with sound for about 1-2 seconds, but then nothing except that red light that would flash 6 times.  

Obviously the warranty has expired.  If Sony stands behind their products, I expect them to pay for the repairs as this should not happen to a 2 year old TV.  I was told I should get a minimum of 60,000 hours from it.  Instead I got 5500.  And I'm the only one in the household, so I average around 3 hours a day.  This is unacceptable.

I have tried all the tips here and nothing has worked.  Tomorrow I call customer service to see if they will stand behind the product.  We will see what happens.

Message 8 of 20 (31,964 Views)

Hi All,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

The TV may not turn on if there is a power issue. Often power issues are caused by a drop in voltage in an electrical power. The power outage can be caused by a storm or short-term power fluctuations known as brownouts or blackouts. If you cannot turn on the TV with the remote control, it is possible the batteries in the remote control are weak or that something is interfering with the infrared (IR) signal to the TV.

Follow this procedure to troubleshoot the TV not turning on.

NOTE: For model specific information regarding any of the steps in this solution, refer to the supplied operations manual. Go to Manuals, Specifications & Warranty.

1. If the Red, Green, or Orange lights are on or blinking on the TV, troubleshoot the issue.
  2. Make sure the AC power cord is connected securely to a working wall outlet.

NOTE: If the TV is plugged into a power strip or surge protector, unplug it from the power strip or surge protector and plug it directly into the wall outlet. If the issue is resolved, the problem is with the power strip or surge protector and not the TV.

3. Make sure that the power cord is securely connected to the back of the TV.
    NOTE: If the power cord on the TV is not removable, you can skip this step.

4. Make sure that the ENERGY SAVING SWITCH is On.

NOTE: Skip this step if the TV does not have a Energy Saving Switch.

5. Press the POWER button on the TV.
  6. Press the POWER button on the remote control that was supplied with the TV.

NOTE: If the TV turns on and off using the POWER button on the TV but does not respond to the POWER button on the remote control, troubleshoot the remote control.

7. Unplug the TV power cord from the electrical outlet for 30 seconds.
  8. Plug the power cord into a known working electrical wall outlet.
  9. Disconnect all external devices connected to the TV.
  10. Attempt to turn on the TV.

The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required.

Regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Rookie
Message 9 of 20 (27,191 Views)

Hi,

My 2 year old Sony Bravia KDL 55W 800C TV is flashing 6 red flashes -
I've tried changing the plug points as this has been reported as a potential issue. After several attempts to reboot by turning the power off for 3 min, it did seem to solve the problem. But now it seems to be doing this nonsense again - very frustrating.

Please can someone help - I live in Perth and need this sorted.
Message 10 of 20 (26,760 Views)

Hi Zimbo01,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

If the recommended steps did not resolve the red blinking lights issue, service is required. For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

~Erin

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook