Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Television - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 11 of 30 (2,619 Views)

Re: Red light blinks 6 times tv won't come on.

Hi Zimbo01, we're u able to get it fixed? I have the same tv model KDL55W800C and the exact same problem. It started in the month of March this year. The solution that I have found is to take a hair dryer and blow for about 3 minutes (1min warm and 2 min cold) on the back vents while it is unplugged. Then replig it and it works most of the times. I have noticed that when there is a change in weather or a lot of humidity this problem gets aggravated. This has worked for me and avoided me to carry this huge thing over to the service center, however, it keeps on giving up every now and then. Maybe I ll just wait for it to completely die out and throw it in the trash. I'm highly disappointed that I purchased this. It's just 1.5 years old.
Message 12 of 30 (2,553 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Praks89,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

We're sorry to hear that the TV is not working properly. You may check the link below for troubleshooting steps to help isolate the issue:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/75501/p/61659,95543,95551,95704/c/65,66/kw/no%20po...

Regards,

~Ralph

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 13 of 30 (2,135 Views)

Sony kdl-46x350 13 time bilinking red light what is problem
Message 14 of 30 (2,092 Views)

Hi Arifkhan,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

We are sad to hear that the TV has red blinking lights. Kindly refer to this link to troubleshoot the issue:https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32192.

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32192.

If the issue is unresolved, service is required. In this case, we recommend contacting the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Best regards,-Erin  If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

-Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 15 of 30 (1,707 Views)

I bought an XBR65X930E yesterday. Set it up, it worked great -- for two hours. Then turned itself off and six red blinks come up. I spent the rest of the night going through all the suggestions, including forcing factory resets, to no avail. Nothing worked. 
So back to my five-year old Sony. That works fine. Disappointed though. I had more faith in Sony.

Message 16 of 30 (1,623 Views)

Hi Joeinnyc,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

We are very sorry for the inconvenience that this may have caused you. If a Red LED is blinking and the TV is not working properly it means that the TV has detected an issue or problem. Most Red LED blink condition requires service.The meaning of the blink codes differs between TV models, but the following steps may resolve user serviceable errors related to heat, temporary conditions, or software updates:

NOTE: For certain models, if the Red LED indicator light is blinking 8 times then repeats, a special reset procedure is necessary to do. This is a model-specific issue that may be resolved by following these steps (check the answer to be sure your model is included).

For other TV models or other Red LED blink codes:

1. Turn the TV off and back on. If the TV will not respond to the remote or the Power button, or if that does not fix the issue, unplug the TV. For a Projection TV or Projector, leave it off for 3 minutes. For other TVs leave it off for 1 minute. Plug the TV it back in and turn it on.

NOTES:

• If the TV is plugged into a power strip or surge protector, remove it from the power strip or surge protector and plug it directly into the wall outlet. If the issue is resolved, the problem is with the power strip or surge protector and not the TV.
    • Projection TVs and projectors need to cool down before they will turn on again. You may need to wait several minutes before these will turn back on.
  2. Clean any vents/slots in the TV cabinet and make sure there is room for air to circulate around the cabinet of the TV.
  3. Some Sony® TVs have a media box (tuner) and separate display. If you have one of these TVs, check to make sure the cable between the media box and the display is securely connected.
  4. For Projection TVs and Projectors, make sure that the cover/door for the lamp is closed and secure.
  5. If the TV can be operated at all, check to see if a software update is available.
    • If your TV is connected to the Internet, press the Home or Menu button on the remote to get into the setting menus. The Software Update option is usually found under the Product Support or Contact Sony menu.

NOTE: For a limited number of Internet-capable models, the only option is to turn on Automatic Software Updates and allow the TV to update on its own. If you only have this option, make sure it is set to On. Automatic updates are only downloaded when the TV is in standby mode (turned off with the remote but not unplugged). Normally this download will happen overnight but may take up to 24 hours.

• Go to Drivers and Software. You can check to see if a software (firmware) update is available for your TV. Steps to install will be included if an update is available.
    • Older CRT TVs and TVs that cannot be connected to the Internet do not have an option to check for a software update or may not be capable of being updated.
  • If these options do not resolve the issue, the problem is most likely related to an internal component that must be replaced and service will be required.

Best regards,

-Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 17 of 30 (1,620 Views)

Hi Erin;
Thanks but that's not really helpful, since it's a standard cut-and-paste job which I had come across several times while looking how to resolve the problem. 

Enthusiast
Message 18 of 30 (1,577 Views)

I've owned several Sony TV's with similar issues in the past. I have you tried bypassing the fan and\or other switch sensors with a shunt jumper? Works every time for me. 

Good luck!

Rookie
Message 19 of 30 (1,345 Views)

Our TV is lightly used - we bought it brand new. Came down this morning and watched the news for a short while, worked fine. Turned the tv on 5 hours later and we are getting the 6 red links of death. What the ******? We have tried all of the trouble shooting tips - vacuumed the minor amount of dust from the vents, unplugged for over five minutes - even unplugged from the power strip and plugged directly into the wall. We have not had any kind of storm activity since using the tv 5 hours ago - the blinking red lights presist. SONY - what the heck????
Message 20 of 30 (1,239 Views)

Hi Limodave,

Welcome to Sony Community!

Our apologies for the inconvenience that this may have caused. I send a private message. Please check your community inbox.

Regards,
-Jay

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook