Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Television - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 21 of 30 (285 Views)

Re: Red light blinks 6 times tv won't come on.

Why  are we sugar coating thisThese tvs are junk,pure and simple---why do we even have a red blinking kight? The old tvs worked fine without them.I have a $1500 xbr tv that's two yeaers old and the lihghts blinking,that means I have no tv.It's only 2 years old and shoud be recalled. And there's 1000 different reasons why that lights on--but the biggest is  that the tv is junk.

Do I sound frustrated? Well Iam---can't get a straight answer from sony!

Shouldn't need a major mystery repair on a 2 yr old high end tv!

I won't buy another tv that has blinking lights on it!

Enthusiast
Message 22 of 30 (282 Views)

why are you so sorry to hear about this problem--almost everyone that was unlucky enough to buy sony has the same problem--why don't you fix it I'm glad you don't sell food--we'd all be dead!
Enthusiast
Message 23 of 30 (253 Views)

from what I've been reading--the best advice Ihave is trash that sony and buya samsung! The manufacturer doesn't even know what that blinking red light means and r=that's not a good sign

Enthusiast
Message 24 of 30 (125 Views)

I have a klv32r482b TV which is just 2 yrs old. Same issue of 6 times red light blinking. Service guy came and without even checking anything, he says backlight/panel error and would cost half the price of a new TV to start working again..very bad from Sony, nobody expects such performance from Sony TVs, but I see huge number of ppl with same problems..why would I buy Sony or even get it repaired as it has life of only 1-2 yrs.
Enthusiast
Message 25 of 30 (118 Views)

been there down that--same problem--throw that tv outand buy an lg----nothing helps--tried all that stuff--sony shoud recall allk those tvs==they're junk

Enthusiast
Message 26 of 30 (118 Views)

denfinitely get the warranty if you can---the sony tv with trhe blinking red lights is junk

Enthusiast
Message 27 of 30 (117 Views)

none of those things work--when that red light flashes ,trash the tv-ad buynew but not sony
Enthusiast
Message 28 of 30 (116 Views)

Re: Sony Bravia KDL-40EX403

yeah,the six fashing lights indicates that the tv is shot--throw it out

Enthusiast
Message 29 of 30 (112 Views)

When the red light blinks 6 times on a sony tv ,it means the tv is shot--pure and simple-sony will tell you  all these ridiculous things,like vacuun the vents ,pug it and unplug it,etc. Think about it--in all the years that you've owned a tv,have you ever had to do these things to keep your tv running? Of course not--you turn it on and watch it.

The truth is these tvs have a major defect and should be recalled.I don't think sony stands behind their product.

The tvs only last 2 years--the pattern's the same in all cases---these tvs are no good but they won't own up to it---I'd never buy another...don't support them--hit them in the pocket book

Enthusiast
Message 30 of 30 (109 Views)

That's true. When my TV died, (after three hours of operation) store sent out a technician, and just replaced the TV right away. (New one has been working fine.)

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook