Welcome to the Community!

Television - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 5 (766 Views)

Screen issue separation blisters bubbles on my 3 years old 65 inch tv XBR-65x900a

I have a Sony XBR65x900a  65inch TV which is 3 years old today. The sticker price was $ 4200 at HH Gregg's store. It had developed a screen separation - the biggest bubble is over 2 inch round, there are smaller sections along the top edge of the screen. I have contacted the Moderator of this forum who had related my message to the Tech- RonC. RonC had messaged me asking what's wrong with the tv and I'd responded. No news so far. Obviously my tv is out of warranty so it's strictly the company's call what to do with it. Are they going to throw me a bone ? I remain cautiously optymistic. I can't watch it because that big black spot in the screen is very annoying so it just sits there waiting for some response from the company. 

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 5 (637 Views)

Re: Screen issue separation blisters bubbles on my 3 years old 65 inch tv XBR-65x900a

Still no answer, maybe I was overly optimistic ?
Message 3 of 5 (540 Views)

Re: Screen issue separation blisters bubbles on my 3 years old 65 inch tv XBR-65x900a

Hi Presidential,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

We are very sorry to hear what happened as well for the delay in responding to your concern. With regards to the black spot, you may be seeing one or more of the greater than 2,000,000 dots (also known as pixels) that make up the composition of the LCD screens and LED screens. These dots may appear red, green, blue, white or black.

We manufacture durable LCD or LED monitors with high precision technology.

In all LCD or LED panels, there's a chance that a small number of pixels doesn't change color. This is normal for all LCD displays from all manufacturers. Most defects are noticeable only when an all-white or all-black picture shows. They shouldn't be noticeable under normal operation.

Because a defective pixel or pixels is normal on all LCD or LED screens, there's a high chance that a replacement LCD may also have them. It could have more defective pixels or the pixels may appear in a more noticeable position than on the one it replaced.

Note:

• Debris on the screen can appear as dead or defective pixels. Clean the screen thoroughly with a soft, dry cloth to confirm whether or not the issue is actually a defective pixel or due to just dirt or debris.
  • Sometimes dead or defective pixels correct themselves over time.

Best regards,

-Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 5 (518 Views)

Erin, the spot on the screen is 2 inches round. It's just a black spot the size of a soda can bottom. I considered your advice to clean the screen as a dose of humor to difuse the situation. Cut a 2 inch round piece of paper , paint it black and paste it in the middle of your tv. This is how it looks. TOTALLY BLACK 2 INCH ROUND SPOT RIGHT ON THE SCREEN BEHIND THE GLASS. If you send me an a regular email I will send you the pictures of it. Thank you, Greg.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 5 (423 Views)

Well, I have tried to get a helping hand from Sony for my 65 inch defective tv. I don't think anybody who reads the posts on this forum is neither interested nor capable of resolving it. I would say if the company comes up with a 4200 dollar price tag it should provide you with some reasonable quality product. Many people usually have the large purchases financed for 4 years so chances are they are still paying for a product they can't use. The issue of Sony screen separation is by now well known on the Internet. It is called boubbles ,dark spots, blisters etc. I am very dissapointed first in the product I bought and secondly in the responces an lack of such from the people supposedly working for Sony on this forum. It is apparent by now the company will not throw any candy to sweeten the bad taste many people would have buying it's defective merchandise. Actually I was thinking why would I even write anything on the forum. If you are reading it you must have a problem with Sony's product as well and you too don't have any help in this matter. So if your tv developed blisters and screen separation and large dead spots- just use one of the forums tech's advice and try to wash the food particles from the screen and mark the issue as solved. Once you've marked it solved be consistent and do not buy Sony's products unless they are made of wood. Hmmm... Maybe it is a good idea for Sony: The company should advance to making cutting boards out of bamboo reinforced by the Sony's defective large tv screens. Easy to wash , conversation piece !

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook