Welcome to the Community!

Television - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 21 of 28 (1,305 Views)

Re: Sleep Timer hard to set

I am checkng the remote control, does not look like has a sleep timer at Bravia 65" TV under home set-up?  If I know that this TV has no sleep timer I will not get it at all.  Please advise any other solution for set up a timer for this TV?  Thanks

Helen

mcd Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Message 22 of 28 (1,297 Views)

Yes they have a ****** netflix and google play buttons and remove essential features like sleep timer - extremely dumb.
Please add it at least in the actions menu!!!
Who the ****** is designing and testing for you SONY?
Message 23 of 28 (1,252 Views)

Hi Helen,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

Can you please provide us the exact model number of your TV? You can post your answer here or send me a private message. Some TV models will allow you to set the Sleep Timer by pressing the HOME button on the remote then scroll down and select TIMER.

Best regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 24 of 28 (1,245 Views)

[ Edited ]

Your post doesn't answer the question. Sony screwed up big by not putting a dedicated sleep timer button on the remote. Makes no sense.

If I told you the truth, I'd be lying.
mcd Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Message 25 of 28 (1,239 Views)

Yeah - half hour browsing through the menus to set a dumb sleep timer - the guy who designed this is an idiot - nothing personal.
Rookie
Message 26 of 28 (987 Views)

I believe I may have solved this issue. My son wanted to use the sleep timer, I looked but it's nowhere to be found, then it hit me. Wait a minute....Many of us are now using remotes from Xfinity or Comcast or Dish, Direct TV therefore they are no longer using the remote for the "Sony Television". The Sleep Timer on the Sony KDL 558X520 is actually there if you use the correct SONY remote, the one that came with your television. Easist way to select sleep timer is to select Option -> scroll down to Sleep Timer -> then select the amount of time you wish to set it for. To get out of the menu, select Return. Also, if you wish to, you can attach velcro to the back of your remotes and stick them together. I know, pain in the you-know-what but at least that way they should be always near each other.

Hope this helps.

Jim

mcd Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Message 27 of 28 (977 Views)

Yeah - buy a $2000 tv and use Velcro - good idea isn't i?

Rookie
Message 28 of 28 (157 Views)

I am a product designer.  In fact, some years ago I have done work for Sony TVs in Rancho Bernardo as a consultant.  I am also a fan of Sony and now own two larger 4K Bravia TVs.  I love everything about them (mostly) with one glaring exception that really is a bit dumbfounding.  The lack of a sleep timer button on the remote and no way to program one of the buttons to be a sleep timer.  This is a common function and yet it is required to dive into the menu online to get there, set the timer, then exit.  Yet the remote includes one button access for other things like Netflix..and 4 colorful menus for some features I have yet to see,

The user interface of a product should not be a source of irritation.  And it boggles my mind that there could be such an easy fix, yet Sony has years of complaints about this and all we see are what almost appear to be bot responses, or instructions on how to use the menu. Does Sony think this is a minor issue, or only a few people care about it?   

My work around now is to buy an older remote with a sleep button on it, but it having to have a separate remote for one feature, on a high end television is a little rediculous and really speaks to how silly this is.

Rant over.  Please fix this Sony.  I would like to consider Sony for my next screen purchase but if this is not fixed, I will look elsewhere.  Thank you.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook