Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Television - General

PRM Tuning Up
Tuning Up
PRM

Sony Bravia NX500A LCD TV sudden color problem

Hello,

My 3 years & 4 months old (purchased on 12-06-2010) Sony Bravia 32 NX 500A-32 inch LCD TV's display  suddenly turned to greenish-reddish color picture making it impossible to look at the TV. We tried may color adjustments, settings changes, RESET but no improvement is seen. On 26th. Oct'13 at around 2:30 PM when TV was running, the TV suddenly went blank and three front panel lights red, green & amber started bilinking togethar. After the TV was re-started the display started showing patches of green & red instead of normal colors. Since then it is like this. We called the set top guys they said the problem is in the TV. We chkd all connections , cords etc. but to no avail. Now pl. guide what to do ? Can a Sony TV go wrong so quickly ? I have seen Sony TVs work for ages without opening it ever.

Please use plain text.
AngelaP

Re: Sony Bravia NX500A LCD TV sudden color problem

Hi PRM!

Thanks for the message. Let us further isolate the issue by connecting a different video source (ex. cable box, DVD player, Blu-ray player or gaming console) to the TV. If still getting the issue on a different video source, please contact the Sony Support Center in your region for further assistance. 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution."

Please use plain text.