Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Television - General

PRM Tuning Up
Tuning Up
Accepted Solution

Sony Bravia NX500A LCD TV sudden color problem

My 3 years & 4 months old (purchased on 12-06-2010) Sony Bravia 32 NX 500A-32 inch LCD TV's display  suddenly turned to greenish-reddish color picture making it impossible to look at the TV. We tried may color adjustments, settings changes, RESET but no improvement is seen. On 26th. Oct'13 at around 2:30 PM when TV was running, the TV suddenly went blank and three front panel lights red, green & amber started bilinking togethar. After the TV was re-started the display started showing patches of green & red instead of normal colors. Since then it is like this. We called the set top guys they said the problem is in the TV. We chkd all connections , cords etc. but to no avail. Now pl. guide what to do ? Can a Sony TV go wrong so quickly ? I have seen Sony TVs work for ages without opening it ever.

Re: Sony Bravia NX500A LCD TV sudden color problem

Thanks for the message. Let us further isolate the issue by connecting a different video source (ex. cable box, DVD player, Blu-ray player or gaming console) to the TV. If still getting the issue on a different video source, please contact the Sony Support Center in your region for further assistance. 
If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution."