Television - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apprentice
Message 21 of 41 (1,128 Views)

Re: Sony XBR65X900C - Killer 4 blinking RED LIGHTS

Erin,

Thank you for your response. Well, I DID drop off my TV at an official repair center here in Texas. I was told there is a panel that is bad/defective BUT that it isn't available for purchase (where the boards connect to the TV[?] – is what I was told). My TV's one year warranty expired August 31st of this year – 2017. Problem happened the week of October 27th. Less than two months out of the 1 year warranty! Sony is a big enough company that they could, SHOULD, fix this. Is there a thresh hold of number of defective products for this to become a recall issue? Some of us spent well over $2k for what is supposed to be a "high-end" smart TV. "Top of the line." "Flagship." I don't want to escalate this beyond a simple forum or viral tweet as I still have a modicum of respect for Sony, at this moment. I'd love to have this faith completely restored. Please give us a viable solution for – what is a serious – problem with this product. If not you, Erin, than who? Please point us to your superviseor or any upper eschelon management that can address this issue now, if not you; not in another three months when Sony can claim further warranty statute of limitations. Thank you in advance and for your time to help resolve this.

Respectfully,

Enthusiast
Message 22 of 41 (1,103 Views)

So, I had this same issue come about in July of 2017. Conveniently , 14 months after I purchased the TV and just 1 month out of warrenty.

I walk through the trouble shooting steps, spoke with Sony representivies and followed the advice of thee "professionals"

First- I went to a Sony dealer as suggested, that charged me $150 to look at the TV and then gave me $50 back when he could not solve the problem

Second- I contacted Geek Squad that charged me $295 for service and a part that did not fix the problem.  They HOWEVER, did not give me a refund and told me that the panal was no good the second time they came out, 5 days later when the part THEY ordered did not fix the problem.

Third- Am i out $2500 for a TV that last me 14 months?

please advise....................

Apprentice
Message 23 of 41 (1,018 Views)

Contact the sony customer care team. Tell them how you have had it worked on and what the tech said and ask them if there is something they can do. They will want all the paperwork from the techs.
Highlighted
Message 24 of 41 (966 Views)

Hi Leonabi76 and Eric1,

Thank you for considering the SONY Community!

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Kindly send me a private message with the product information such as TV model, serial number, and your reference or Event ID if any so we can check your file and let's see how we can further assist you.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

-Erin

Apprentice
Message 25 of 41 (696 Views)

***UPDATE BELOW!!!*** Re: Sony XBR65X900C - Killer 4 blinking RED LIGHTS

[ Edited ]

So, I've jumped through the hoops, sent in to the official repair center and made all the appropriate calls...all to no avail. This is pathetic support for a flagship device. I wonder if VIZIO owners have this much of an issue!?! OK, OK I won't jump on the soapbox yet...that is because I may have found a solution to our issue. Essentially, the general consensus is that the four blinking lights is due to a single (or maybe a few) bad LED's on the LED light board. The part number is: NLAW50351

Further, here is a video of a guy repairing said issue:

Unfortunately the video series is ALL in Spanish and a 6 parter; but he comprehensively goes over the simplicity of repairing this four red blink issue. As luck would have it, fortunately for me, this repair man is located in San Antonio, where I'm at and am currently acquiring said LED Light board. Take a view for yourselves. The hardest part though is the small, to nill, amount of this part is available! That being stated, if you fancy yourself a wiz with a soldering iron, you can fix this yourself. If you read the comments on part one, you'll see how this was achieved. I hope this brings some hope for all of you and I'll update as I get closer to accomplishing this fix.

By the way, thanks a ton Sony for helping me expand my skill set. I'll now be able to add Sony repair tech to my resume.

***UPDATE!*** As I was finishing typing this and posted, the genius repairman from the video, called me and mentioned that he has the part in hand. I will be picking this up today or tomorrow and work on the TV by this weekend. I will, again, keep y'all updated on the progress! If any of y'all are interested in this part, we can arrange a Paypal sale (fees and +actual shipping to you) provided that this is the same issue with your TV; which more than likely probably is. ***UPDATE!***

Apprentice
Message 26 of 41 (656 Views)

Good luck. Really hope all works out well for you!
Rookie
Message 27 of 41 (646 Views)

Hey I need the part how much is it? But don’t know how to soldering?
Apprentice
Message 28 of 41 (599 Views)

I'll get a quote out to y'all today. The process is simple...no soldering required if you have the LED board. One just has to be very careful unasembling the TV and putting back together. The video lays it out pretty well. He goes screw by screw and ribbon by ribbon on how to do it. 

Of the people who want one; do y'all have PayPal?

~Abi

Enthusiast
Message 29 of 41 (594 Views)

I'd like one. Also I have Paypal. Can it be shipped to an APO address?
Rookie
Message 30 of 41 (548 Views)

I have paypal I need the led strip how much for both sides? Left and right? I do have PayPal.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook