Television - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 40 (3,755 Views)

Sony XBR65X900C - Killer 4 blinking RED LIGHTS

I got this sony xbr65x900c for a year.

While watching some good tv show it just turned off and no pictures was showing.Then this killer 4 red light blinking comes up.

Im so frustrated coz i only got my tv for a year, any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

I tried to unplug all devices connected to the tv ie; Media Box, HDMI's, Home Theater, LAN cable waited for 5 minutes before turning it ON and still the same problem.

It wont get me to the factory reset coz after turning it on few seconds away it just turn off again.

Message 2 of 40 (3,695 Views)

Re: Sony XBR65X900C - Killer 4 blinking RED LIGHTS

Hi Jdmen,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

Have you tried calling our Technical Support team about this issue?
If so, kindly send your reference number/event ID to me via Private Message(PM) so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
>Joffrey

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 40 (3,689 Views)

Hi,  I have the same problem which occured on 7/23/17.  Only difference it is for 75" model (xbr-75x940c)

Event ticket # is E65411338.

TV purchased 3/16.  Around 11/16 tv would start to shut off and reboot on it's own.  I called Sony and was told if this happens all the time, I told CSR once in a while.  They stated with software upgrade it should resolve.  The reboots would still happen but far in between.  But now TV will not turn on at all and 4 blinking RED lights is all I get.

When contacting Sony via phone & chat on 7/23/17 they state I am out of warranty can NOT help.  Are you kidding ??

I reported the TV was having problems and ignored until out of warranty.  This is one of the top tier Sony TVs this should not happen to a $5500 item!!

I am been refered via email to contact Sony customer relation dept.  Will see what is the outcome when contacted back Monday or Tuesday.

I am very disappointed how Sony as a company is now.  Have been a loyal Sony customer fom the 70's. They use to be the leader ... giants in the electronics world.  But sadly not no more.

Message 4 of 40 (3,605 Views)

Hi Jdmen,

Welcome to Sony Community!

Our apologies for the inconvenience that this may have caused. To isolate the issue on your television,

kindly follow the guidelines in this link: https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32192.

Regards,
-Jay

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Apprentice
Message 5 of 40 (3,132 Views)

I just had the same exact problem. Have had the same exact tv for just over a year. Spent $2,000 on this thing and it just dies! Seriously?? So I Called Sony customer support, spoke to a woman who could barely speak English, had a rather difficult time understanding her, and the conversation ended with her telling me I was out of warranty and they couldn't help me if the typical troubleshooting steps had already been performed and renderd no results. I just want to know what I can do to fix it because I am not spending another grand on a tv that is hardly over a year old and I paid twice that for it!! What kind of garbage is that??
Apprentice
Message 6 of 40 (3,059 Views)

Hello?????
Apprentice
Message 7 of 40 (3,056 Views)

Sony Bravia XBR65X900C. 4 blinking red lights and a small black blip towards the bottom right of the screen before it shuts off. What are the part numbers i need to order to fix? Had the tv just over a year.
Message 8 of 40 (2,935 Views)

Hi Nick_13,

Thank you for visiting Sony Community!

We are sorry to hear this issue on your unit. No need to get the part number. This issue is can isolate by performing the troubleshooting steps from this link: https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/75501.

Regards,
-Jay

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Apprentice
Message 9 of 40 (2,928 Views)

None of that works. Hence the request for a referance to a part number. I have already been on that site and, talked to Sony. They were absolutely no help. There is a part that is obviously faulty but Sony dosnt want to own up to their product being sub par. So "i" have to replace it. So again i will ask. When a Sony Bravia XBR65X900C turns off, will "NOT" turn back on and flashes 4 red lights. What part needs to be replaced and what is the part number?
Message 10 of 40 (2,852 Views)

Hello Nick_13,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Let me send you a private message.

Thanks,

-Erin

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook