Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Television - General

Tuning Up
uscav8r

Swapping original power board from 230v power to multivoltage for kdl-52wxxx

I currently have a Euro-spec KDL-52Wxxxx that requires 230v/50hz power. (The TV is in transit so I do not have the exact model number.) Now that I am in the USA, I would like to swap out the power board for one that is either 120v/60hz or multivoltage, if it is feasible. I see that the KDL-52W5100 is multivoltage compatible so I know this power set up exists.

My questions are these:

1) What is the power board part number for the KDL-52W5100?

2) Can this part be swapped into other models (i.e., is the form factor the same, etc.) to make them multivoltage?

3) Is this power board auto-sensing?

4) Would there need to be any software or firmware update to my original TV to make it compatible with this new power board?

5) Are there any other parts needed (AC cord, etc.) to complete the conversion to 120v/multivoltage with US mains power?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ColbyP

Re: Swapping original power board from 230v power to multivoltage for kdl-52wxxx

US model Sony TV has a power specification of 120v AC current.

Information regarding the power board and its part number for the KDL-52W5100 TV can be obtained only from a service technician.

As your TV was purchased in Europe, I would suggest that you contact Sony support in your country for assistance and further information on using a power board of a different TV.

For your convenience the support pages for your television can be found here depending on the country of origin.
Sony Europe:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/hub/sony_europe.html

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
uscav8r

Re: Swapping original power board from 230v power to multivoltage for kdl-52wxxx

That wasn't exactly much help at all.

Please use plain text.