Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Television - General

Tuning Up
bok28
Accepted Solution

TV won't turn on. Power light blinks red 5x

I have a EX340 Slim LED TV (not sure about the model) its about 7 months old. When I turn it on I can see the usual solid red power indicator then it turns to solid green and screen lights up but it will suddenly turns off and blinks red 5x then a 2-3 seconds pause then blinks again.. Please help!! I'm not using a power strip or a power surge protector, it is directy plugged on a wall socket.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
FrancisG

Re: TV won't turn on. Power light blinks red 5x

Try to perform a manual power reset by turning off the TV and unplugging the TV power cord from the electric outlet. After a minute, try to plug the power card back into the electrical outlet and turn the TV on.

Also try to perform a factory reset. Please follow the steps below.

1. After a picture or display information appears, wait two seconds and then press and hold the UP ARROW button on the remote control.
  2. While holding the UP ARROW button, press and release the POWER on button on the side of the TV. Reset will appear momentarily on the lower left hand corner of the TV.
  3. Release the UP ARROW button on the remote control and wait for the TV to reset.
  4. After the Reset message appears, allow the TV to reset. Do not press any buttons on the remote control or on the TV and do not make any other adjustments for 1 minute.
  5. Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet and allow the TV to remain without power for 10 seconds.
  6. Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet and turn on the TV.

If the issues persist, service will be required. Please visit our eService website to get more information on repair.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.